Chapter Eleven - The Performance

After the movie melody and max went to bed. Marina went to sleep on the sofa. Melody couldn't sleep that night. Max was quickly asleep. Melody was so nervous for tomorrow. She was the first to perform. She never performed for a crowd and then for a crowd this big was just new for her. Melody stared at the wall. Due to the nervous feeling, she felt really ill. Her belly hurts and she want to throw up. it could be about her pregnancy. Melody ran to the toilet. she throw up. it didn't stop until 2 am and then she went to sleep.

The next morning max woke up and could smell the vomit smell coming of melody. He saw on her phone she slept around 2 am. So he decided to let her sleep. He went to the kitchen. Preparing some breakfast. Marina was awoke. "morning max." marina said as she walked in the kitchen. "morning, marina." Max answered. "where is melody? She is always early up." marina said. "I have a feeling that she is sick. She slept around 2 am and smells like vomit." Max said worried. "oh no... maybe it the nerves..." marina said. "I guess so... im gonna let her sleep." Max said with a little smile.

Max and marina eat the breakfast max prepare. "what is that splatfest all about?" max asked. "well, it's a fest were 2 teams fight against each other. To show who is the best team! Im one of the two hosts. My team were doing horrible last splatfests. I just want to get a winning streak." Marina said with a smile. "don't worry! Melody and me will help you to get that beautiful streak." Max said with a smell. "thank you!" marina said with a smile.

At that moment melody walked in the room. "morning!" melody said with a smile. "morning melo." Marina said with a smile. "morning love. Everything alright?" max asked to melody. "im fine. Just a little nervous for this afternoon." Melody said with a little smile. "okay, what do you wanna eat melo?" max asked. "just something simple and not too heavy." Melody said with a smile as she took a seat by the table. Max made some yoghurt with fruit. He walked back to the table. "here melody." Max said as he give her the yoghurt. "thank you!" melody said and eat it up.

"im going to the studio soon. Thank you for having me here. I have to prepare myself for staying up 24 hours." Marina said as she get up. "hey, no problem, marina!" melody said. "if you need to stay any longer or want to stay here again just call us up!" max said with a smile. "well I have to go now. see you guys later today! Bye!" marina said as she left to the studio. She had her hoodie on so she couldn't get recognized. "bye, marina!" melody and max said.

"max can you help me with finding the right costum?" melody asked. "oh sure!" max answered. Melody smiled and finished her yoghurt. "okay!" melody said as she walked to the closet. Max follows her. " I have a performs this afternoon, but what should be great to wear?" melody said and looks in the closet. "hm... what about this?" he picked up marina's top with a pearl crown and pearl shoes. "let me wear it." Melody said as she picked it up. she went to the bathroom and changed. Max waited outside of the bathroom. "it looks good. What you think?" melody asked with a smile. "it looks... amazing!" max said with a smile. "just 2 more hours... lets play some video games." Melody suggests. "what about squid bross?" max asked. "yes!" melody said as she get the game ready. Max sits on the sofa and get his controller. Melody gets her controller and they played together until 2 pm.

Melody and max left to the studio at 2 pm. The streets and people are getting ready for splatfest. The atmosphere was so much fun. Melody went inside the studio. "I see you later, max!" melody waved to max. "see ya, melody!" max said as he walks to the plaza.

Melody went up the stairs. "melody!" marina yelled and hugged her. "hey, marina!" melody said as she hugs her back. "you are the special guest of today" pearl said as she walked to them. "I think so..."melody tried to say. "yes! She is! I heard her music and its amazing." Marina said with a smile. "ya, whatever. Melody what team are you on?" pearl asked. "im on team treat! Because candy." Melody said with a smile. "why is everyone on team treat... urg..." pearl said being disappointment. "pearlie, its about the fun! Not on who is going to win." Marina said. "hm... ya you're right. Whatever..." Pearl said rolling her eyes. "melody are you ready for the performance?" marina said. "yes!" melody said with a smile. "pearl and marina its 3 pm get on stage." Producer said. Pearl went to the stage. "good luck soon, melody!" marina said as she left.

Marina and pearl introduce the stages and splatfest. In the meanwhile melody was walking around nervously. "melody get ready for the stage." The producer said. Melody got a smoll Bluetooth headphones. She got to the stage. "for our first performer. Please give a applause to melody!" marina said. The public were clapping loudly and yelling. Melody got on the stage. It was a large crowd. "hello everybody!" melody said through the microphone. "I have a few songs I made with the help of the host of this show, marina! I hope you guys enjoy these amazing numbers!" melody said through the microphone. The crowd went wild. Melody started her numbers. Everyone enjoys it. It made melody so happy. For the 30 min she dances, sings and play her keyboard. Everyone had fun.

"thank you!" melody yelled. Melody went back stage. "okay for the next performance the squid band!" pearl yelled. Melody get some water. "melody you were amazing up there!" marina said with a smile. "for an octoling you are great." Pearl said to melody. "thank you guys!" melody said being really happy. "melody im off for 1 hour. We can play some splatfest!" marina suggest. "lets go!" Melody nodded as she went outside. Marina quickly dresses to her turf war outfit.