Chapter fourteen - Mall fun

Melody went to home to prepare for tonight. She made some food. Melody made the room party like. she worked al day for this, but in the end she just made some food. She loves to cook! She made some pie, little snacks and wraps. The smell in the apartment smelled so good. Once she was done she went to the store to buy some stuff. At the store she thinks back to her childhood when she was going to the store with her mom.

The smoll octoling was running around the store. "honey! Stay close to the cart please!" melody's mom said to melody. Melody just laughed and went her own way. The store was huge and for a child like her it was a big adventure! Melody walked through the sections searching something to play with. It was the first time she was her so she run around. After a while she found the toys section. She jumped into the octopus plushies. "veemo!" melody yelled happily. The octopuses where so soft. For the first time in her life she changed into her octopus form. It looked so cute. She just looked like the other octopuses.

A octoling picked up her and put her in the cart. Melody looked around as she moved around the store. Once the octoling didn't look. Melody went through the cart and swim away. She was young and couldn't change back into her human form, but she didn't care. The little octopus swim to the adult section. There was a lot of adult toys like scary plushies and figures. Melody gets in to the plushies box, but the box contain squids with an evil look. This scares melody. She started crying.

An employee picked her up. "what you doing in here?" the employee asked. The octopus got shy and just looked at him. She still had tears in her eyes. "you lost your parents, aren't you?" the employee said as he looks at her. "veee..." melody said. She couldn't talk yet. The employee bought her to the secure playground. Melody looked around being back to her happy self. "silly octopus." The employee said with a smile.

The employee put her there. " I call you're parents up." he said as he left. "veee!" melody said as she climb up to the slide. "to the parents of the little turquoise octopus girl. She is at the playground. You can pick her up there." the employee said through the speakers. Melody went through the slide. "veeeee!" melody yelled happily as she goes of the slide. At the end of the slide she bumped into another octopus. "vee?" melody said as her sorry. "oomy?" the octopus said. "veemo!" melody said. The two octopuses play together. She didn't knew the octopus she played with was max at the time.

After a while melody was picked up by her mother. "here you are... I should put you here from the beginning. Come we go home." melody's mom said. "veemo!" melody hugs her tight. "you're in your octopus form." Her mom said to her. Melody changed to her human form and smiles.

Those memories meant a lot for her. It was the little time she had in her childhood with her mom. Melody picks some stuff for the party. Like snacks, drinks and other stuff. She put it all in the cart. She slowly continued shopping.

She saw the adult section and saw some octoling plushies. The same plushie as she had in the past, but it was a octoling instead of a inkling. "they still hate us..." melody said as she looks at it. "well its cute..." melody said as she put in the cart. She walked to the cash desk to pay her stuff.

Once back at her apartment she prepared the last things. She decorate the room with Halloween stuff. It looks so scary. "now that's done its time to dress up myself!" melody said to herself. The octopus walked to here room. She had the perfect idea. She did her make up quick. Changed her hair really quick and picked a outfit that fits. "yes this is the best!" she said to herself as she looks in the mirror.

Max entered the room. "who is ready to party!" max yelled. He was dressed up in a ninja suit. Marina entered behind him. She wore a werewolf suit. "melody? Where are you?" max yelled. Melody walked out of the bathroom. "who is this..." max said. "I don't know... we didn't invite an inkling over." marina said looking at melody. Melody laughed a little. "woomy! Its me! Melody!" melody said as she tried to sound like an inkling. Max hugs her tight. "nice outfit, melo!" marina said with a smile. "well lets party!" melody said. The 3 octopuses partied all night.