Chapter One

Kara's POV

 Its been nearly a year since my pod crashed onto this planet, and I am about to go to school for the first time, I am terrified. The day I landed on earth was probably the most confusing day of my life. I crashed, and a man who told me his name was Hank found me and saved me.

The minute I stepped out of the pod, there was only pain. I could hear everything, see everything, I started lighting the grass on fire with my eyes. I had no idea what was happening to me and I was so scared.

Hank took me to the home of two scientists Eliza and Jeremiah Danvers. He knew that they would be able to help me. I learned that on earth, humans didn't know that there was life on other planets which I found strange. Eliza, Jeremiah, and their daughter Alex were one of the few groups of people who knew.

When I was adopted by the Danvers', I didn't start going to school right away. I didn't speak any English, and I knew nothing about my newfound powers. So, for my first year on earth, Eliza and Jeremiah tested and experimented on me, and my DNA (in a completely non-harmful way) and I also learned to speak English fluently.

By doing tests on me, the Danvers' were able to find ways to help me control my powers. They discovered that my x-ray vision didn't work through led, so they created a pair of led lined glasses for me so I could see normally.

Jeremiah created a pair of gold earrings that would dampen my super hearing. I could still use it, but the earings just kept it under control. Another problem was that every time I sneezed, well it would set off my freeze breath.

There was no real way they could control that, so we had to practice keeping it under control. We also did flight tests all the time. I learned speed, endurance, and control when flying, and I got pretty good at it.

I wasn't allowed to use my powers, but the Danvers' wanted me to know how to use them, and be in control of them, just in case I got into a situation where I desperately needed them. The last thing I learned was human and earthly customs, oh and my cover story.

I learned how to talk like a human, act like a human, be a human. I learned the dos and don'ts, whys and why not's, and I became a very convincing human. They also taught me what to tell anyone if they ever ask why I was adopted.

"My family died in an explosion. A bomb was planted in our house and no one knew it. I left for a few minutes to go get the mail, and then the bomb went off while I wasn't there. My parents and baby sister were inside, and none of them survived it. I was the only survivor."

To be honest, this story was just a smaller-scale version of what actually happened, but I couldn't very well tell people that my planet exploded and I was the only one who made it out alive.

Anyway, skip to the present day, I am fluent in English, I am in control of my powers, and I am really smart for someone my age on earth. I am about to start my junior year of high school, and like I said, I'm terrified, and I don't want to go.

Let me tell you why. Well, when I first came to earth, my adoptive sister Alex was nice to me, and she thought it was pretty cool that I was what earth calls "Alien" but then after a little while, she started being mean to me and stopped liking me.

Maybe it was because her parents were always giving me all of the attention. Maybe it was because I never really talked to her. Maybe it was because I always woke her up in the middle of the night because I was having nightmares. Maybe its all of them, I don't know. But her school friends must hate me too, I mean Alex must talk about me with them, and she's popular.

Anyway, one night when Eliza and Jeremiah weren't home, xAlex and I got into a huge fight. She said a bunch of horrible things to me. "You fucked up my life" " Everything was fine until you got here" "I wish that my parents never adopted you"

Then, she said something I didn't understand. I was kinda just standing there, tears streaming down my face as she yelled at me, I gave up with trying to fight back. All of a sudden she yelled:

"If you are gonna act like a depressed baby who hates her life, leave me out of it. Go buy a box of razorblades take your feelings out on them!" She then stormed off and I, of course, had no idea what she meant, but for some reason I was curious.

I started searching the internet to try and find out what she meant. I looked "Razorblades" "Taking out your feelings out on razorblades" and everything in between that. I finally concluded that Alex wanted me to harm myself, and that a lot of humans who were sad and depressed would cut themselves.

To be fair, Alex was right. I was depressed, and I did hate my life, and I still do. After I found out about self-harm, as much as I hate to admit it, I wanted to do it too, but I couldn't. A metal blade wouldn't cut through my skin because of the stupid yellow sun.

The only thing I knew about that could hurt me, was this green rock that eventually got named kryptonite. The DEO had found it once years ago before I came to earth, and they asked Eliza and Jeremiah to experiment on it to find out what it was.

They were still running tests on it when I got there and when I walked into the house, I began feeling weak, but I didn't think much of it. The Danvers' were giving me a tour of the house, but when they showed me their science lab, I fell to my knees in agonizing pain because the rock was in there.

It was eventually discovered that this green rock was poisonous to Kryptonians, so it was named kryptonite. But, I didn't have access to it. Every trace of it was removed from the house so I wouldn't get hurt.

I knew it was wrong, but I wanted to hurt myself so bad. I somehow thought that causing myself physical pain would make me forget all of the mental pain and misery I was feeling. Eventually, I realized that the only other thing that was strong enough to hurt me was myself.

I honestly felt stupid for not realizing it before. So, every single night, I got into the habit of going up to the roof once everyone was asleep, and looking up at the stars, while also burning my arms with my heat vision.

I feel guilty about it, but I still do it to this very day, and Alex, nor my adoptive parents have figured it out. I have burn marks  all over my arms, but I just started wearing long sleeve button-ups and cardigans instead of short-sleeved.

Now that I was starting school though, I was afraid someone would notice, and I didn't want anyone finding out. Especially Eliza and Jeremiah. They have done so much for me and been so kind. I would never want to disappoint them like that.

I know after all of this you might be wondering why I hurt myself. I am a math and science genius on this planet, I have awesome powers, I can even fly. But, think about it. Imagine how you would feel if your whole planet died, and you were the only survivor.

Imagine how you would feel if your family was just erased from existence, and every time you closed your eyes, you were brought back to the day they died. Imagine how you would feel if were just pulled out of your life and dropped into a new one, and  you tried to like it, but didn't.

Whether I like it or not, that's how I feel every single day of my fucking life. And that, that's why I do it. I want to feel something other than mental pain and sadness all the time. I wish I felt at home on this planet, but I don't, and I don't think I ever will.

A/N

Surprise! So I know that none of you were expecting this, but here it is! If any of you read my story Hush: Swanqueen then you know that I was considering the idea of making a lesbian one-shot book. I was going to do that when I got a PM from someone asking for a Supercorp fan-fiction. I had been thinking about doing that for a while now too, but I wasn't sure. When someone requested that I do it, I just said what the hell and made the book. Thank you to the person sho asked for this. I asked if I could shout them out but they said that they preferred not to be named, but thank you, you know who you are. Anyway, I'm sorry that this chapter is so depressing, but I wanted to go into detail about Kara and how she struggles with the loss of everything she loves. ( 1,623 Words) Thank you all for reading! I love you guys, bye! <3<3<3

-Avalon