Chapter Two

Karas POV

"Girls, you need to wake up! I'm not kidding, last call!" I heard Eliza yell from downstairs. I sat up in my bed, and so did Alex as we both stared each other down. Here we go again, who can get to the bathroom first? Of course... I always win, but I decided that I would get her hopes up this time.

Alex and I both jumped out of bed and ran towards the bedroom door as I raised my eyebrow at her in competition before I opened the door for her to leave the room first. Alex just smiled at me, and then walked out in front of me, happy that she finally won, or so she thought.

Without warning, I used my super-speed to speed past her, and into the bathroom before closing the door in her face. I heard her begin banging on the door angrily "Open the fucking door!" she screamed, and I just laughed to myself.

"Girls for the love of god!" I heard Eliza say from downstairs "Why did you ever adopt her I'll never get over this!" Complained Alex "Your such I whiner!" I screamed through the door before I heard Alex yell "I hate you!" I opened the door and screamed "I hate you too!" back at her and then slammed the door in her face again.

I used my super-hearing to make sure that Alex was gone before walking over to the bathroom counter and beginning to get ready. I looked at myself in the mirror as I let a few tears escape my eyes. The truth was, I didn't hate Alex, and I just wanted to fit in this house. But, she hated me, so I just decided that I would just play along and make it easier for her to hate me.

I used my super-speed to shower, brush my teeth and hair, and put light makeup on, before going into my room and changing into my clothes. I sighed as I walked out of the bedroom and began going down the stairs. Today was the day, my first day of school, and I was not ready.

I walked over to the table and sat down in front of Eliza, and next to Alex as she gave me a dirty look. I just rolled my eyes and turned my attention to my food. While Alex had like three pancakes and an egg on her plate, I had about twenty pancakes and like six eggs.

I began eating my food, and quickly I might add before I heard Alex say "Gross, you eat like a pig!" "Alex! You know Kara has to eat that much to be properly nourished! She can't help she has--" "A much faster metabolism than humans, I know!" interrupted Alex, rolling her eyes.

"So Kara, it's your first day of school, are you excited?" asked Eliza as she handed me my school schedule. I Looked over the paper, reading about each of my classes, and all of the teachers, before looking up and beginning to speak.

"I don't understand why I have to endure these classes. I already know everything they are going to teach us in chemistry, and I know about elements that don't even exist on earth. I have been learning advanced calculus since I was four. P.E. is practically all I've been doing for the past year, and I have super strength and speed. Study hall? I can use my super speed to do homework in like 5 minutes. And History? It's not like I need to know who did what in 1854 to be a-" "A superhero?" interrupted Alex with an eyebrow raised "Shut up" I snapped back before looking away.

"Look, sweetie, I know you may not get much out of this, on earth you would probably be considered a genius for your age, and I bet you could easily make it in the world, but I just want you to fit in, to be more normal." Explained Eliza. "But Eliza, I'm not normal! I'm literally bulletproof." I fought back. "Kara, you're almost seventeen. You literally need to go to school." Eliza replied. I just rolled my eyes, before eating the rest of my food.

"Hey, mom..." I heard Alex ask in her I want something voice, before giving me a little look. "Can Kara please, please, please fly us to school today?" after I heard that, my face lit up. I love that Idea! "Absolutely not!" "Oh come on Eliza! I need to keep practicing, and now that I'm at school I won't get to as often!"

"Kara, you aren't supposed to be using your powers unless there's an emergency, you know that. What if someone saw you!" "They won't, I promise. I know how to make sure no one sees! And when we get there I'll land like a block away from the school behind a bush or something, and then we can walk the last two minutes. People will just think we walked."

"I don't know girls..." "Oh come on mom! Kara makes some valid points, and I don't want to have to ride the bus! Plus, I haven't gotten to fly with her yet, and I want to so badly!" Eliza looked back in forth between us before saying "Oh, alright!" surrendering the argument. Alex and I smiled before high fiving each other.

Now, don't mistake this for sisterly love. Alex and I have our moments where we are fine with each other or agree, but she still hates me in general. Alex and I both got up from the table and walked upstairs to get our stuff for school. We had recently gone to the store to get binders and papers and writing utensils, and backpacks.

"Alright, if I am going to fly us to school, we have to make sure it's done safely. So, I will carry both of our backpacks on my back, one on each arm, and then I will be carrying you under me." "Okay, great. Just... don't kill me or anything." "I won't kill you, even if you are annoying."

Alex just rolled her eyes "Not as annoying as you!" "Yeah whatever Alex. Anyway, can you go tell Eliza that we are leaving out of the bedroom window? I don't want anyone to see me taking off on the front porch." "Okay, I'll be right back" Alex left the room, and I looked through my bags to make sure I had everything I needed.

"Ah, lunch money, I almost forgot," I said to myself before getting my wallet out of my nightstand and sticking it in the front pocket of my backpack. "Ready Alex?!" I yelled, "Yeah I'm coming!" I heard her yell back as she came up the stairs.

Alex walked into our room, and I picked both of our backpacks and put them on my arms. "Okay, come stand on the window sill, I am going to stand against you and hold you from behind." Alex climbed up onto the window sill and unlocked and opened the window before I stood up behind her.

I put both of my arms around her waist In a tight grip before saying "Okay, hold on tight." "I am!" Alex replied, a hint of excitement in her voice. "Okay, ready? 1...2..3!"

A/N

Hey guys, here's chapter two! (1,276 Words) I was going to continue this chapter to where they are at the school and all that but I noticed that it was getting kinda long, and so I will do that next chapter. Anyway, thank you all so much for reading, and I hope you enjoyed it! Love you guys! Bye!<3<3<3

-Avalon