Chapter Seven

Sorry, I can never find pictures that fit with what I'm writing!

------------------------------------------------------------

Kara's POV:

I've never felt this helpless and weak in my life. Sure, I went through plenty of ruts back on Krypton, but this was the worst one yet. I don't know if it has something to do with my powers or the difference in the earth's environment, but it was definitely the worst one.

I'm so weak, that Eliza had to carry all of my stuff into the guest room for me. I have super strength for fuck's sake, that should have been no problem for me, but it was. It was a problem and it just makes me so angry that I can't do anything about it.

When I got home, I immediately curled up on the guest bed in a fetal position and let the tears flow. After 5 minutes, I was uncomfortable. I moved around the room and changed so much that I thought I would never get comfortable.

Well, here I was, completely naked from head to toe, and curled up on the comforter I had stripped from the bed and put on the floor. Why this was the most comfortable option for my body? I have no idea.

It felt like it had been days laying on the floor with a sheen of sweat on my body, primal instincts that I couldn't control, and large and painful erection pressing towards my stomach. But, Alex wasn't even home from school yet, which means that in reality, it hadn't even been an hour.

How the hell was I going to do this for at least another three days? I mean, even my boobs hurt so bad they felt like they could explode. Yeah, I could just try to deal with it myself if you know what I mean, but from personal experience, that just makes things worse.

The only things that could really effectively suppress a rut, at least for me, were rut suppressants, and sex. At this point, I had access to neither of those things, so I would just have to suck it up and wait it out.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Third Person POV:

When Eliza heard Alex's car pulling into the driveway, she knew she had to mentally prepare herself for what was next. She took a deep breath and went through everything that she was going to tell Alex in her head. This was one of those times where she could only say the right thing.

"Hey Mom, gonna go get some homework done." Said Alex as she walked in the front door. "Sweetie, wait a second. I need to speak with you about something." The brunette furrowed her eyebrows slightly, "Am I in trouble for something?" "No, nothing like that Alexandra. Just sit."

Alex nodded, before sitting down at the dining table with her mom. "So what's up?" "Well, I need to talk to you about Kara." Eliza immediately noticed the small look of annoyance that crossed her daughter's face. "Alexandra, don't give me that attitude!" "Yeah, sorry." The brunette replied without much sincerity.

"So, for the next few days, Kara is going to staying home from school, and sleeping in the guest room." The brunette's eyebrows immediately furrowed deeply. "Why? is... she okay?" "Well, I need to explain something to you. It has to do with Kryptonian anatomy, and, I guess puberty."

Alex frowned. If she this was about what she thought it was about, "You mean--" "Yes. Please just listen, and save your questions for the end." "O-okay."

------------------------------------------------------------

Kara's POV:

I sighed as I listened to Eliza and Alex's conversation. My super-hearing was weak, but I was still able to understand what they were saying. I could feel myself becoming increasingly nervous at the thought of what Alex might think when Eliza tells her everything. "So, Kara presented as an Alpha at 12, which means she has a--" Kara physically cringed as she stopped listening for a split second, before listening again. "While you and I go through a menstrual cycle, Kara goes through what's called a rut. It causes pain, excess amounts of sweat, a severe erection, hormone overdrive, and that includes emotional and physical."