Chapter 6

I woke up with a mission 'Get information for Holly'. I shower and wore whatever clothes that was inside the walk-in closet and went out. Surprisingly, the door wasn't locked. I somehow found my way to the kitchen and smelled something delicious. I walked in and saw everyone there.

Aiden was on his phone while eating breakfast, Kyle and Keith were focusing solely on eating and Holly busy on her phone with someone while facing the sink. I cleared my throat to get the attention from at least one person when all of them turned.

"When can I leave? I have a family and a job. I can't just go missing. My family must be looking for me. Can I get my phone?" I asked looking at Aiden. "I have told your parents that you will be staying with me. I informed your workplace that you are unwell." Holly stated.

"You can't just do that Holly. Can you explain to me what is going on?" I plead. "Sit down and we will talk about what happened." Aiden pulled out the chair beside him. I looked at Holly and all she did was nod.

I took a seat beside Aiden and waited for him to talk.

"Can you explain to me what you saw that day?" Aiden asked.

I sighed not wanting to remember what had happened "I remember seeing four guys outside and one of them was shot in the head and then getting chased by them, but I don't know who it was." I said. I was tipsy that day, it might not actually be Aiden, Keith and Kyle.

"Do you recognize the guys?" Aiden asked again.

"No. It happened too fast. Should I go to the police?" I said.

The four of them looked at each other than to me.

"We will help you to make the report to the police and since you don't want to reminisce the incident, you should just stay out of it," Holly looked at with sympathy.

"Okay. Can I go home now?" I asked the group.

Aiden just nods and said, "Keith will be driving you home."

I didn't want to question him because I want to go home right now.

I arrived safely and the drive home with Keith was awkward because we weren't talking to each other.

"We're here," Keith said. "Yeah thanks for the ride," I replied.

When I entered my house, I was greeted by my parents saying that they missed me and thought that we should go out to have lunch together, so I agreed.

We went to our favorite diner near the beach. When we entered, we took a seat and realized that I know the guy right across us.

I was shocked when I saw James with a new girl this time. Holding hands and whispering to her that made her giggle. My parents turned to look who I was looking at and my father just stood up and went to their table.

He whispered something to James that made him turn to look at me and he quickly retract his hands back. He wanted to stand up to approach me only for my father to push him back down to the chair and whispered to him that made him glare at my father.

My father walked back to our table and said, "Let's go have lunch some other place." My mum and I nod in agreement and we left the diner.

We were driving to another restaurant when father suddenly said "I'm going to say something but don't panic and don't turn around. There's a car following us, and it might be James."

I was scared and my father started speeding up, trying to get them of our tail. When he had enough of the chase he breaks abruptly and got out of the car "Stay here and call the police."

While I dialing 911 on my phone, I suddenly heard a gunshot.