Chapter 8

Aiden's POV

When I saw Ellie at the nightclub her shyness got me. By the way she was drinking, I knew something must have upset her. I asked Keith who Ellie was and he said that she is Holly's friend who got cheated on by her fiancé just a while ago.

I hate people who cheats. My dad cheated on my mum and she ran away leaving me with my dad alone. My dad, Aaron Black, is a well-known mafia. My mother loved him with all her heart and only to be crushed by a cheating ass. She would always cook for him, waited for him to come home from work and all the other things a good wife would do.

When my mother left me with my dad all she wrote was a note:

"My Son Aiden,

I'm sorry for leaving you so suddenly. You are only 18 but I believe that you are old enough to take care of yourself. I am too heartbroken to stay here. I can't stand seeing your father for another day knowing what he has done to me. I love you so much and I wish I could bring you with me, but your father would be able to track us in no time.

I will find you one day when I am prepared to face your father again.

Love,

Mama"

I took over the family cause my dad retired and lives in his mansion. Living miserably because he missed my mother. He wanted to step down because he felt like he was unfit to run the show. I took over when I was 22 and now, I'm 26 years old. My dad did everything that he could to find my mum like going to my mother's parents, checking her credit card transactions and sending his man to track and find her.

My mum is a clever woman, she knows how my dad works. She just went off grid and he has yet to find her.

_______________________________________________________

I am sitting in my office doing my job when suddenly Ellie popped up in my head. What's wrong with me? I have never felt that way before why now.

Something about her innocence and vulnerability intrigues me. She is so beautiful and feisty when she wants to be. She has like flames in her eyes when she's angry but to me she just looks like a tiny cartoon character.

I asked Keith to do some background check on her and send one of our guys to keep tabs on her and make sure to keep his distance from her.

My phone rang and I realized that it was Holly. Holly got involved with us when she was young. Her dad knew my dad and so we were friends since young. She has an older brother Heith who will be replacing their father's mafia gang once their father steps down. We are allies since we were on different territories.

I answered the call "What do you want?"

"Ellie's father just got shot. He is in the hospital right now." Holly said in hushed tone.

"What?! Is Ellie okay? Did she got hurt? Where is she?" I stood up.

"Relax. She's fine. It was her father. Can you send someone to stand outside of her dad's ward, just in case?" Holly said.

Holly loves Ellie's family like her own.

"Yeah sure. I'll get to it" I ended the call.

I dialed Kyle's number and he answered straight away "Hello?"

"Ellie's father got shot and is now at the hospital. Go and check on him and ask one of our trusted men to stand outside of the room. Let me and Holly know when it is done."

"On it," Kyle replied and ends the call.

I drove to pick Keith up and went to Ellie's place just to check on her.

When we arrived, we realized there was a car parked a block away from Ellie's house. The car was black and there are 3 people inside.

I looked at Keith who was trying to see who those men are. He suddenly spoke "Those are James's goons. Why are they here?"

"Lets find out." We parked behind the black car and checked if our guns are loaded and called some back up just in case. We walked up to the driver and knock on the window.

"What's going on here?" I asked and took out the gun and pointed at the driver's head while Keith was at the passenger side holding two guns to the other two men's head.

"Woah woah woah what's up with the guns?" they put their hands up in surrender.

"Why are you guys out here?" Keith asked.

"James told us to keep an eye on her. We are not going to harm her or anything," the men in the back seat said.

"Why does he want to keep an eye on Ellie?" I asked.

"Her father was shot today, and James wanted us to make sure no harm will come her way. In a way we are just protecting." The driver replied.

"Tell James that he doesn't need to worry about that. I got that handled. Get out of here before James has to find your bodies," I threatened.

They drove off quickly. Keith and I walked to Ellie's house and called Holly informing her we were outside.

Holly opened the doors and said, "Why the fuck are you outside her house?".

Keith rubbed the back of his neck and looked at me.

I know that Keith has the longest crush on Holly but too afraid to let her know, too afraid of being rejected. I on the other hand know they both like each other but both too stubborn to admit and asked me to stay out of it. Fine by me.

"We wanted to check if you guys are okay. Where is she?" I asked

When Holly wanted to reply I heard Ellie's voice "Holly? Who is at the door?" and she came into view.

She looks cute with her pajamas exposing her long legs. She looked at me "Aiden? Keith? What are you guys doing here?" she asked looking confused.

"We are here to see you and see if you are okay. We heard what happened," Keith answered.

"That's sweet but I'm fine. Can't say the same for my dad though. Come in I'll get you guys a drink." She replied.

I walked and sat down on the couch noticing her family pictures and her baby picture.

"Here you go," She passed me and Keith a drink.

"Since you guys are here. Can I ask for a favor?" she asked while meddling with her fingers.

"What is it?" I replied.

"Can you find the fucker who shot my father and bring him to me," with fire and determination in her eyes.

"Consider it done but on one condition," I replied.

"What is it?" Ellie replied.

"You will have to go out on a date with me," I smiled.