Chapter 12

Ellie's POV

We arrived at my place and I got all the important stuff in a luggage bag. Aiden was waiting for me outside to bring me to meet his landlord to get me the apartment on his floor for "safety" purposes. God, I don't trust myself living so close to him.

I gathered my stuff and was about to go down the stairs when Aiden rushed up to me to assist me in carrying my luggage. Never thought he was such a gentleman. Need to snap out of it.

"Thank you but I can manage," I said while flashing him a smile.

"I'll carry it. It's heavy just help me open the boot of my car" Aiden insisted on taking the luggage away from me.

I rushed down to open the boot and after Aiden place the luggage inside, we went straight into the car.

"So where are we meeting your landlord?" I asked him not knowing where we are heading to.

"At the cafe near the building. We can have our lunch as well. I'm hungry." Aiden replied.

"Oh sure. I'm hungry too." I replied while thinking what I should eat later.

~ 10 mins later ~

"We're here" Aiden states.

"Great. Let's meet the landlord. Is he a nice guy? What if he doesn't like me? I won't have enough time to find another apartment. Oh my god, I am freaking out!" I started rambling.

"Please stop talking. You're giving me a headache. He is a nice and well-known man. Nothing to worry about. I think you might have even met him before." Aiden state entering the cafe

I took a deep breath and went in after Aiden and there were not many people in the cafe. Maybe he is not here yet. Aiden and I took a seat near the window and took our order.

"So where's the landlord? Will he be arriving soon? Should we order for him as well?" I asked Aiden.

"He is already here" Aiden just looked at me and smirked.

"Really? Where?" I looked around the cafe and couldn't find anybody coming.

"You are looking at the landlord of the building, sweetheart" he winked at me.

"YOU ARE THE LANDLORD? You were playing with me all this while?" I said way too loudly. Great, just great, he is going to be a pain in the ass landlord.

"Yeap. So you wish to apply for an apartment on the same floor as me?" Aiden questioned me.

"Aiden, why are you doing this? You know my situation right now. I don't think we should joke around about this" I replied with a straight face.

"I'm not joking. I have a contract for you that you would have to sign in order to get this apartment. The rent for you every month is $2,000. Will that be fine for you?" Aiden replied now in business mode, I guess, cause his demeanor changed.

"There are terms and conditions in the contract and I suggest you read it well before signing it. It is also a 10mins drive to your office" he added while asking a man to come over passing him the documents.

I read through the terms and conditions and used google maps to see how far is my apartment to my office. Everything is great but I do wish to see the apartment before signing it in case it's not worth $2,000.

"Everything seems fine. I want to see the apartment first before signing the contract" I replied.

"Good. Once we are done with lunch we can head back to the building" Aiden smiled and started diving into his food.

We were done with our food, we started heading back to the apartment and once we arrived at the apartment, it was beautiful. It was spacious, great view and just overall beautiful. The bedroom is huge and the bathroom is just wow.

I went to Aiden who is in the hall answering a call.

"Alright baby. I will see you tonight. I got to go, I have a meeting with a client" Aiden said not realizing that I was walking towards him.

I felt hurt hearing him calling someone baby. I pushed the feeling aside and went to Aiden who just turned to face me.

"I love the apartment. Do you have the documents with you?" I said.

"Yes. It's on the counter in the kitchen" Aiden replied and we went to the kitchen to sign the contract.

"So that would be all. This is my number if you need anything just drop me a call" Aiden smiled and gave me his business card.

"Thanks for everything Aiden. I'm going to head back to my apartment to get my remaining stuff" I took the card and head to the door to let him leave.

"I already told my men to get all your stuff here to this apartment. You going back there again won't be a good idea. I told you that already and I don't like repeating myself" Aiden replied with anger laced in his tone.

"Alright relax. I will pay your employees for helping me, just let me know the bill." I replied.

Aiden took the documents and left the apartment. What's up with him?

I went to my room and started hanging my clothes and setting up my facial stuff in the toilet. I have nothing here, no couch or bed or anything to sit on so I decided to sit on the floor instead. I eventually fell asleep on the cold hard floor.

~ 3 hours later ~

I heard the doorbell ring and went to the door and saw Aiden's men were here to deliver my stuff to the apartment. They carried everything from my bed, the couch and books.

They helped me arrange my stuff as well and everything was settled in within 2 hours. Thank god they were here to help me, I don't think I could have managed all that alone.

Once everything was done, I went to the "manager" and ask him the total bill for everything and all his response was "It has been taken care of" and left.

I went to Aiden's apartment and rang his doorbell when the door open there was a brunette wearing his shirt that looked oversized on her.

"Umm who are you?" the brunette spoke while rubbing her eyes assuming she just woke up.

"Hi, umm I was looking for Aiden to thank and pay him the bills for the help I got. It seems like he is busy so I will just come back later." I replied about to turn away when I heard Aiden's voice.

"Who is that?" He said and opened the door slightly when he saw me he suddenly became fully awake.

Wait why am I being weird. All this while I thought he actually genuinely like me since he asked me out on a date, flirting and all that crap. Maybe I was thinking into this. I was just toying with me.

"I'm sorry to disturb you. I will just drop a cheque under your door later on or something" I replied coldly and walked back to my apartment.

I need to go out and let loose. So I called the one person I know who knows how to get crazy. Holly.