Chapter 18

Ellie's POV

"Can I help you?" I ask a furious looking Aiden. "Why did you go out with Ryan Davis?" Aiden moved aside, giving way for me to walk. "I don't think it's" before I even ended my sentence Aiden cut me off and said "any of your business".

"Yes it is none of your business" replying trying to walk away from him. "Why so secretive?" Aiden raised his eyebrow walking alongside me. "Not secretive, if you tell me who is the girl you went out with I will tell you about mine" I smiled knowing he won't tell me.

"My mum is setting me up with her. Her name is Kelly Smith. Her mother and mine are friends." Aiden shrugged like it wasn't a big deal. How is this guy showing me interest one minute and then suddenly just changed his mind? Just as I thought he was actually into me.

"I went out with Ryan because he paid for my coffee the other day. So I offered to pay for lunch but he switched it to dinner so yeah" I replied trying to get to my apartment faster. "You paid for dinner?" Aiden looked shocked.

"Nope. He said he just wants to go out with me so he tricked me into paying but he took care of the bill. It was cute" I smiled remembering his silly ways of getting me to go out with him. "Yeah it's adorable" he replied while rolling his eyes.

"You are home early for someone who went on a date? Why?" I said while a slight giggle. "I could say the same thing to you, love. Want to get some coffee?" He offered. "It's 10 pm. Don't you want to sleep?" I replied looking at him. I stood there looking at him intently looking at me like I had answered wrongly.

"Sure. I will get decaf coffee. Where?" I walked towards him. "The coffee place opposite our building" Aiden stated and started walking beside me. We went down the lift and Aiden was eyeing me up and down. "You look beautiful by the way" Aiden said looking at the floor.

"Thanks, You look good looking as always" I said looking down too. "So you always think I am good looking" smirking at me. Shit. What do I say now? Why not just be honest. "Yes. You are always good looking, Aiden. Don't let any girl tell you otherwise" I said laughing and turned to Aiden as he just watched me laugh.

"What?" I asked him. "Nothing," Aiden replied and we arrived at the ground floor. While we stepped out of the building Aiden took off his jacket and put it over me. "Don't want you to catch a cold" I could swear I heard him say "or let any men look at my girl" under his breath. I looked at him and said "Thank you. Aren't you cold?" worried that maybe he could be cold too.

"I will manage, love" he replied. We would have to cross the road to get to the cafe. While crossing Aiden took my hand and crossed the road even though there weren't any cars. My heart was fluttering, stupid heart.

We got our coffee and sat down. Instead of sitting opposite of me, Aiden sat beside me instead. My phone rang, the notification states that it was from Ryan.

Ryan: Hey beautiful ;) Had fun with you tonight. Lunch tomorrow?

Me: Hey! I ha

Before I could even reply Aiden came and saw the text. "Did you enjoy your date with him?" Aiden asked me. "You know I don't appreciate that you read my texts" I replied, narrowing my eyes to him. "I don't care. Answer my question." Aiden said curtly.

"I kind of did. He was fun to talk with and he is kind of cute" I replied Aiden while wanting to finish my text to reply to Ryan when Aiden snatched the phone from me. "HEY!" I was furious that he did that.

"Go out on a date with me," Aiden said, his face suddenly is directly in front of me. I moved back "I thought you already have a girl you are dating?" I asked not feeling jealous at all *sarcasm*. "I only did it to get my mum off my back. So? Date?" Aiden replied, putting my phone into his pocket.