Chapter 10

Aiden's POV

I heard the door open and James's voice filled the room. "Well well well, what do we have here?" with his stupid smug face.

I knew it. I knew he was going to come. He thought I was stupid enough to bring him to my real warehouse where I keep my guns. What a dumbass. I already knew this bastard that's tied to the chair works for James.

"Welcome James. What took you so long?" I said with a smile.

"What wait? What is happening?" I heard Ellie's voice. James was staring at Ellie so I went to her and cover her with my body.

"What do you mean what took me so long? You were the idiot who lead his enemy to his lair." James laughed.

"You thought I didn't know this guy is working with you? You are dumber than I thought. I just wanted Ellie to see who was behind all this. I don't think she would have believed if this bastard said it was you." I replied, pointing to the guy in the chair.

James moved his hand to his blazer and took out his gun pointing it at me. My hand moved to get my gun on my waistband but remembered that I called in my snipers in case this happens, so I put my hand in surrender instead. 

"You want to do this with Ellie around?" I raised my eyebrows at him. I knew he still loved her. There is a reason why he sent someone to check on Ellie after shooting her father. Dumbass.

"What makes you think I care?" James looked at me dead in the eye.

"Cause you sent someone to check on her after shooting her father. Didn't you?" I questioned him with a smirk.

"Can someone please explain what is going on?" Ellie's voice echoed around the warehouse.

"Let me explain to you sweetheart. Your stupid father had to threaten and embarrass me, so I taught him a lesson. It wasn't that bad, right? I only asked Nick to shoot him on his leg. I could have done worse but I can't do it to you, my sweet Ellie." James spoke.

"Excuse me? Not that bad? Here pass me a gun and I will shoot your leg and see if it hurts." Ellie said reaching for a gun on my waist and pointing it at James.

"Woah!" I tried taking the gun away from Ellie. I don't think she knows how to work that thing.

"Don't! This is between me and this jerk!" Ellie looked me in the eye wanting me to back off. Which I did, surrendering my hands.

"Woah Aiden you're going to let a girl talk to you like that? And yet you call yourself a gang leader? What a joke!" James laughed.

"At least I was smart enough to bring enough back up to kill all of you right here," I said smiling at James.

"What are you talking about?" James looking confused.

"Look at your blazer bro. You seem to have something on you." I said to him.

James looked down and saw a red laser on his left chest. My snipers has got him good.

James smiled and looked up and to see my snipers "Well played Aiden. You won this time."

"You should put your gun down if you don't want to die right now," I replied with a smirk.

James put his gun down slowly and ask the rest of his goons to put theirs down as well.

"Funny how you thought you could get me this time but it only backfired in your face. How many times have you tried pulling this type of stunts and always fail? I always have the upper hand. Get their guns." I told my people as I walked towards him.

"So what are you planning to do with me? Kill me? You wouldn't do that now, would you? Cousin." James smiles devilishly at me.

"I don't give a fuck if you are my cousin or not. You and your family have been dead to me since you guys betrayed us." I was shouting at his face.

"You guys are cousins?" Ellie spoke. Shit, I forgot Ellie was here. The gun now is just dangling off her hands.

"We used to be. Until they betrayed us. They were the reason why countless of our men died. All because of money. His family is the lowest of the lowest. Trading family for money. Disgrace!" I said with disgust and spit at him.

James lounge at me and I hear a gunshot. Shit! I looked around and it wasn't me that got shot.

I heard a groan from beside me. James on the ground with blood all over his leg. I looked at my snipers and then I saw Ellie with shocked evident on her face and smoke coming out from the gun. She pulled the trigger.

I stood up and walked towards her slowly. "It's okay Ellie, pass me the gun." I reached out to her and took the gun away from her.

"Oh my god. I shot him. What do I do? I panicked! He jumped at you." Ellie said with panic laced in her voice.

"Relax. He is not dead. He got shot before. He won't die." I replied.

"You bitch! You shot me? I'm going to kill you!" James tried reaching out for his gun. I kicked the gun away.

"An eye for an eye, cousin. You shot her father's leg and she shot yours. Don't be a baby. Go to your doctor and get yourself cleaned up. You look like a mess." I said while walking towards Ellie. She was trembling and I don't like the sight of her being scared so I held her and walked her to the car.

She was crying when we were in the car so I gave her some space to let it out. Besides, I don't know how to handle a crying girl. She fell asleep after crying so I asked Kyle to drive us back to my house.

I carried her sleeping figure up to my house and let her sleep on my bed. I went to sleep on my couch outside.

I was asleep when I suddenly heard a scream from my room. I took my gun out from under my couch and rushed to my room.

Ellie was having a nightmare, she was sweating and thrusting around the bed. I went to her and hug her, trying to calm her down while stroking her hair. A few minutes later she went back to sleep.