Chapter 19

Aiden's POV

I was sitting on my balcony when my phone rang "What?" I asked annoyed as I finally wanted to rest. "Boss some of the rival gangs are around the corner. One of the men said they saw James in one of the cars. Ellie is at the coffee shop close to the building should I" before my men could finish his sentence, I heard gunshots so loud as it was nearby. When I looked down I saw a submachine gun sticking out of one of the cars and it was aiming at the cafe I believe Ellie is in.

I took my guns and called my men "You are to go to the coffee shop with the others and kill those motherf before I go down myself and kill you guys for fucking things up" I shouted and while walking to the lift. Saying I was anxious was an understatement, I have never felt this anxious before but knowing Ellie could get hurt is messing up my mind. After it feels like ages waiting for the lift I finally got in.

My phone rang again "Well hi Aiden, it's been a while, how is my Ellie doing?" James said smugly. I almost crushed my phone with anger "If anything were to happen to her, you just made the biggest mistake of your life. Don't forget, I could crush you like you are a fucking dung beetle." I said and smashed my phone on the floor.

When I arrived at the ground level I sprinted to the coffee shop and searched for Ellie. My men were already there. One of them approached me and said "Some of our men are chasing James. What should we do when we get him?" I stared at him and grabbed him by the collar "Bring him to me. Now move" I shoved him to the side.

"Ellie! Ellie!" I shouted and started looking for her. Then I saw her lying down on the floor having difficulty breathing. I quickly grabbed her and told her to breathe and she was listening to me. When she could finally get herself together she immediately started helping others. I was looking at her in awe, even at this time when she is hurt she is helping others.

I saw that her knees are injured with shattered glasses in the wound. I could imagine the pain because I have had that experience and it was painful. I wanted her to sit and get herself treated but I know she wouldn't listen. I heard her asking the barista for tablecloths for people who had died from the gunshots.

When everything cooled down and the ambulance came the paramedic took her and cleaned up her injuries. I was helping the last victim and went to her. "Are your injuries bad? Do you need to go to the hospital?" I asked about her with concern but all she replied was "I'm okay, I don't need to go to the hospital. Are you done?" and the last sentence was for the paramedic.

Well, I guess she is still upset over the cafe incident. Why can't she just let it go? Instead of asking me questions that even I won't be able to answer her cause I don't know what the hell am I feeling. Ellie suddenly just stood up and started walking or I should say limping to our building. Damn, she could hold grudges huh.

I walked to her quickly and swooped her in my arms and carried her bridal style to our building. Of course, Ellie being Ellie started arguing "What do you think you are doing? I can walk! Put me down!" and all I did was stare at her. I knew she was in pain and just hurting herself. I didn't want to talk to her cause I know she could still be traumatized by what happened.

When we arrived on our floor, instead of bringing her to her apartment I brought her to mine instead. "Where do you think you are bringing me?" Ellie said frustratedly and threw her ridiculous but cute tantrums. I kept quiet and went to our I mean my apartment to let her rest. I wanted to take care of her.

When I put her down on the sofa she stood up and said "I want to go back to my apartment. I want to shower and rest." she could only walk one step and she was already wheezing in pain and almost fell. I quickly grabbed her and let her use me as a support. "Sure, if you could get out of here without falling then I will leave you alone," I said threatening to let her go.