Chapter 16

Ellie's POV

I was getting ready to go out of my apartment when I saw a middle-aged lady standing outside Aiden's doors. Didn't want to pry but couldn't help but ask.

"Hi Ma'am, do you need some help?" I approached her with a smile.

"Hello, I'm waiting for my son. He lives here." She smiled while looking at me.

"You are Aiden's mum?" I stated the obvious. Facepalm.

"Yes, I am. My name is Mary and you are?" Mary reached out to shake my hand.

"Oh right! I'm Ellie. I'm his neighbor, I live right in front of his apartment."

"Weird. I think there are vacancies on the other levels in this building. I would think he likes living on this level alone. Maybe it's full already. I'm not sure." Mary was thinking while still holding my hand.

Come to think of it, I haven't seen many people leave this building while I lived here. Maybe because I haven't been out much.

"Possibly it is already full" I let go of her hand. Did he intentionally put me on the same floor as him? The way he was acting today was weird as well. Maybe I should ask him later on. I should stop overthinking.

Suddenly the lift doors opened and there Aiden was all high and glory. He is good looking and any girl would have swooned whenever he is around.

I have to admit that I do have a crush on Aiden but I know I am not his type. He is into girls who are like literal models. I went snooping on him and searched him on google and saw he is a  multi-millionaire tycoon in the business world. I wondered why he doesn't have a big mansion and all.

"Mother," Aiden said to his mum, kissing her cheek. He didn't even acknowledge my existence.

"Aiden, darling, so good to see you. Have you met your lovely neighbor, Ellie?" Mary turned to me.

"Yes, Aiden and I have met each other. He took care of me while I was unwell the other day. Thank you for that Aiden." I said smiling at Aiden but he didn't smile back.

"Sure no problem" ignoring me. "Let go inside mother" while nudging Mary into his house.

I don't know what got into me and just reached out to grab Aiden's arm "Can I speak to you for a moment Aiden?" I asked.

"Sure, I will be inside in a while. Make yourself comfortable, mother" Aiden closed the door and faced me. "What is it?"

"Did I do something to you? Why are you acting this way?" I asked.

"Acting what way?" he replied.

"Don't pretend like you don't know. Why are you behaving this way?" I asked.

"I'm done with this conversation. Excuse me, I have a visitor" he said and walked off.

What the hell just happened? Did I do something to him yesterday? He did suddenly just leave in the morning.

I was planning to get some work documents in the office to finish my presentation.  I went to my car and drove to my office. After collecting some documents from the office I went to Starbucks opposite the building to get some coffee and muffin.

"Caramel Macchiato with extra caramel drizzle and one cheesecake please" I ordered my drink. "Extra caramel drizzle huh? Isn't that too sweet?" a man's voice behind me.

I turned and saw a very dashing guy in a suit smiling at me. "Caffe Americano and I will pay for this lady's order as well" passing the barista his card.

"You don't have to" I passed my card but the barista is already done with the transaction.

"Please, I insist. I'm Ryan and you are?" he smiled politely and reached out his hands.

"I'm Ellie. Please I will pay for my order. Can I pass you cash?" I said with a confused expression with this situation.

"Maybe you will treat me to lunch tomorrow? I assume you work around here?" Ryan said.

"Umm, sure? I do work around here." I said looking at my building without realizing it.

"Maybe we should exchange numbers to get in touch for lunch if you don't mind?" Ryan asked me and I could see that he is quite nervous.

"Sure, Ryan. This is my number. Text me" I typed my phone number on his phone and took my order.

Went back to my apartment and received a text from Ryan

Ryan: Hey Ellie, Ryan from Starbucks here :)

Ellie: Hey Ryan from Starbucks, where would you like to have lunch tomorrow?

Ryan: How about "Masa"? The food there is amazing.

Ellie: You know it's impossible to get reservations there right? I have never been there before.

Ryan: I can get us a reservation. No worries. Can we make it as dinner instead? I have an urgent meeting for work around lunchtime tomorrow.

Ellie: Sure. Is 7 pm okay?

Ryan: 7 pm is great. Do you want me to pick you up?

Ellie: No it's okay, I will meet you there at 7 pm. See you :)

I don't think giving a stranger my address would be a great idea. I don't know what to wear for dinner with Ryan. Shit. I don't have any expensive dress, I guess I have to go to the mall and shop for a dress after finishing up my presentation.

After finishing up my presentation I went to the mall closest to my apartment and got out of the car. Searching for a dress for dinner at one of the most prestigious restaurants can be quite difficult. I hate shopping at an expensive boutique because of the snobby sales assistant.

I was walking past a shop when I saw a dress that I couldn't take my eyes off. I went straight to the boutique and asked about the dress.

"Hi, may I take a look at the dress on display?" I asked the salesperson. "Of course! Is it the nude color dress ma'am?" a petite lady responded.

"Yes. I would like to try it please" I replied and waited for her to get me the dress in my size.

"This is our new arrival. You are the first to try in on. Please let me show you to the dressing room for you to try" she walked towards the dressing room while I followed her.

While trying it on I checked the price tag of the dress and it was $150 for a freaking dress. I have never bought a dress that cost this much but it is beautiful. I tried it on and it looks amazing. I decided to buy the dress and went home.