Chapter 9

Ellie's POV

"Go on a date? With you? Why?" I replied.

"Because I am attracted to you and wish to know more about you. Why are you scared?" Aiden smirked.

"Pshhh! Scared? Of you? HAHAHAHAHAHHA! What should I be scared about you?" I laughed way to loudly. I was actually kind of scared of him.

"Alright then! It's a date. Pick you up tomorrow at 7pm?" Aiden raised his eyebrows at me.

"Nuh uh. You bring me the guy who shot my father and then we'll talk about our date." I smiled.

"Ellie" Aiden came closer to me. "Are you challenging me darling? I can get him within 2 hours." He was giving me his signature smug face.

"Get him here within 2 hours and then you can be smug all you want." I give him a glare.

"Consider it done my love. I will take up the challenge." He winked and left my house.

"Wow that was INTENSE!" Holly voice suddenly boomed.

"Huh? What?" I was too focused on the deal with Aiden.

What if he brings the guy here? What should I do? Do I really need to go on a date with him? He must be kidding right? Shit!

"Hello? Earth to Ellie!" Holly waved her hand in front of my face.

"Uh yeah? What is it?" I was too distracted to listen to her.

"Never seen Aiden got so determined. It was hilarious!" Holly laughed.

"Must be because I was challenging him." I just shrugged.

"Just out of curiosity, what are you going to do when they bring the guy over?" Holly asked.

"I don't know. Maybe once they have him then I will know." I shrugged and walked to the kitchen.

I was hungry and exhausted. I was looking for some things I could cook for dinner.

We just finished our dinner when Holly's phone rang.

"Hello? What?! Are you serious? You want to bring her there? You sure?" Holly sighed and put down the phone.

"Well your wish came true Ellie" Holly gave me a nervous smile.

"What do you mean?" I looked at her confused.

"They got the guy who shot your father" Holly replied.

"What? It's only been an hour!" I shouted. Saying that I was nervous is an understatement, I was petrified! What was I supposed to do with that guy? And then I'm supposed to go out with Aiden on a date?! I should have really thought this through!

"Right? One thing I should warn about Aiden is NEVER challenge him. Come on, I have to take you to the place." Holly smiled.

"Wait. Where are we going? I thought I said to bring him to me" I gave a confused look.

"You don't expect them to bring the guy who shot your father to your house right?" Holly said with amusement on her face.

"Oh! Right! How foolish of me" I replied.

We got in the car and it was a half an hour drive till we arrived at our destination. It was a huge old warehouse.

Holly pulled up at the driveway and stopped the car. I was scared I don't know what has gotten into me, but I am determined to know why the guy shot my father.

We went in together and Holly brought me into the warehouse. I was looking around till I saw Aiden with Keith and Kyle looking at a man tied to a chair.

What the hell have I gotten myself into? I looked at Holly and all she did was nod.

When we came closer, I realized that the guy was soaked with sweat and blood here and there.

I looked at Aiden who was already looking at me with a smirk.

"Told you not to challenge me" Aiden winked.

"What did you do to him? Why is there blood all over him?" I was so scared that my voice came out as a whisper.

"You told me to get him to you. So here he is. What do you want to do with him?" Aiden questioned me.

"I... umm.." I didn't know what to say.

Aiden pull me to the side "What do you want to know? I'll handle it"

"I want to know why he shot my father." I replied.

"That's all?" He gave me an amused look.

"Just ask that first and we will see what he replies from there." I replied.

"Alright then," We walked back to the guy and he was laughing at me.

"You want to act all tough asking him to bring me to you but can't even speak to me? Pathetic!" He laughed.

That earned him a punch in the face by Aiden. Ouch! That must hurt.

"Why did you shoot my father? What did he do to you?" I asked.

"I was paid to do it kiddo. It's my job" he smirked.

"Who paid you?" Starting to wonder who would want to hurt my father.

"I don't shoot and tell" he smiled and winked at me.

"Answer her properly or I will not hesitate to make you suffer" Aiden said in a low voice near his ears.

"Fine. I was paid by someone that you used to know Ellie." He gave me a sinister smile.

"How did you know my name?" I was shocked.

"I know everything about you. I made it a habit to do a background check on their family before shooting them. At least I didn't do much damage to your father, I could, but I didn't." He smiled like it was an achievement for him.

I went to him and punched him on his nose. Blood was trickling down his nose. "Fuck! What was that for?" he screamed.

"For my father. I could have done more damage to your face but your face itself is already bad as it is" I smiled.

I could hear the muffled laughter from the rest as I spoke to him.

"Better answer me while I am still being nice. Who sent you?" I narrowed my eyes.

"If I were to tell you, you have to let me go" he states.

"I'm not planning to keep you here. Trust me. I don't want to be here either" I replied.

"You're funny. But what do I get if I let you know?" he said.

"Are you dumb or something? We agreed on your freedom." I was getting pissed with this guy.

"Fine. There's some guy named James. He was pissed with your father about something he said to him back at the restaurant." He replied

"You are one of James goons?" Aiden suddenly interrupted.

"Yeah. Are you brought me right to your warehouse" he had a sinister smile on his face.

Suddenly I heard the door open and someone walking in.

"Well well well. What do we have here?" James said with a smile.