Chapter 1.5:" To See Him "

Hi guys back with an update ,hope it lives up to your expectations

*****************

Arnav Khanna looked at his exasperating friend, ever since his return last year everyone had been matchmaking and at that moment it was his friend with his sister in law .

" Dilip, I am sure your sister in law is lovely but not interested . Frankly I didn't leave my home and moved back miles away from them to have you start with your matchmaking . " Arnav spoke up, it has been three months since he joined his friend Law firm , his plans had always been to retire from the Army at the grand age of 30 and take over his father's Karma Consultancy .

But lately he had realized, life throw curveballs at you and change all your plan drastically . He no longer had any plans for his future except getting through to the next day , A sound of a knock on the main door disturbed his friend from his plans, and Arnav tried to get up and leave to his office .

Yet his bad leg had cramped up yet again making him very much aware of the pain that shot up through his leg when he tried to move, he didn't like it when others knew about it . So pretended to look into the files as he waited for his leg to begin functioning again.

" That must be my wife friend , Saranya told me about it and I all but forgot it " Dilip spoke towards him as he went to open the door, their receptionist had been on a leave which left the door duty to Dilip another task Arnav couldn't do with his bad leg .

" I leave, they would want their privacy " Arnav spoke up and slowly made himself get up as he walked towards the adjoining door that will lead to his office . But before he could turn the knob on his door , a sound of footsteps reached inside Dilip office . He knew it would be impolite to walk inside when someone entered so made himself to turn around and waited for Dilip to introduce him as a partner and then walk away .

But he was in no way prepared to come face to face with her after 6 years . Gauri Singhania , no Gauri Prasad . How he could he ever forget it . She stilled at the sight of him as well .

*********************

Gauri knew she won't be lucky enough to find solution to her problems as she climbed the stairs to the office of her friend husband . Saranaya worked with her in the preschool and somehow she went over her defense and became a good friend.

Gauri had never hated her husband more than she did right this moment, it has been three months since he died and yet she couldn't still believe he was really gone or that he had written such a stupid will .

" I am sorry Mrs Prasad, but your husband will is clear . And frankly even if we went to court the chances of us winning or less to none , I admit you were Rahul's mother but you have a past that could be used a liability against you , I promise to try my best but chances that you will win is less , I want you to be prepared for the outcome. " Kishore answered back when she visited him yesterday leaving her frustrated.

" It all in the past and I am his mother , I would never harm my son " She argued back but Kishore only shook his head in answer as he spoke up trying to make her see that it was always going to be a liability.

" Still it doesn't look good in paper, one victim of yours had severe broken ribs and had been admitted in the hospital for over three months and your son is just three years old " he reminded her and she knew the truth in his words, her past will make her look unhinged in courts ,she was still seeing a psychiatrist once every week .

Gauri had long ago accepted her limitations ,and yet she never thought it could be used against her to take away her son until now .

" Is there no other way ?" She asked at last drained of any energy to fight over the truth any longer ,her husband choose to trust his brother over her . Because why else would he make a will that .