Chapter 25 :" Father's Love "

Hi guys , a short note don't skip it and get to the update pretty please. I have posted a note before asking for opinion and I have took your advice and edited the first few chapters but didn't change the story much . Except the addition of a new first chapter and few alterations in the second ,I haven't made much changes in this book .Check out the first chapter if you are interested. .

And since I had got the idea in my mind to write about Gauri past four year of marriage ,I started a new book as well . It titled Just friends and the link could be found in my profile..check it out if you are interested as well .Now on to the update . Thank you for reading this note patiently .

**********************

Adharsh Singhania could finally breathe again ,his daughter hadn't lost her son . He didn't know if she could ever survive losing him and as a father he could understand her fears because there had been one point in his life when he feared he lost her as well .

Adharsh grew up in an family where his parents didn't show much affection and were too busy with their lives to care about him except his grades and sports results. That he had believed his heart wasn't capable of warmth until he met his daughter .

At the age of ten ,she stood before him trembling and asking him not to marry her mother , it felt hard back then to walk away from Renuka who made him happy but he knew his happiness wasn't worth compromising the little girl happiness.

So when she walked to his house few months later with Arnav ,he never expected her to ask him back into their lives , " Mom is so sad ,I don't want her to be sad all the time . I think she is sad because you are not visiting her ,Arnav said I should give you a chance and not think you will be evil like my step mother. You didn't have to stay away because of me " And then she promptly stopped talking as if she said too much. And looked expectantly at him to agree with her to get back with his mother.

Till now she didn't know how much pleading he had to do for breaking up with her mother without a reason at first before she gave him a second chance but it was worth it because his actions gained the trust of their daughter to an extent .

And two years later ,he was married to her mother . Awhile his wife assured him ,Gauri had been okay with the marriage he couldn't believe so for long time because he still kept hearing " i don't want you to be my step dad " in the back of his mind .

But he loved them too much by then to let go of either of them ,Gauri had been his daughter from the moment he married his mother even if it took her few more years to come to terms with it . It never mattered to Adharsh when she called him uncle for close to four years because the first time she called him dad had been when she was 16 and he never had felt that happy ever .

Most parents hear the word dad as soon as their kid began to talk but for Adharsh both his daughter and son took their sweet time , when they adopted Ishaan few months later. He had been Sir to his son for the first few months but it had been his daughter who had kept the patience with Ishaan and helped him along .

Gauri had believed she was being stealthy in her plans but she sometime tend to forget her father was a police officer who could see much more than she believed . " Look Ishaan ,dad bought you a bike " , " Ishaan , dad asked me to give this to you " , "Ishaan ,our dad wants to talk with you " , " Ishaan ,did you tell dad about your grades yet " .

Gauri kept it up for few months always mentioning him as their dad instead of her dad , until one day Ishaan spoke up the word he had been longing to hear for quite some time .

" Gauri di , dad wants me to get his car keys . Did you see it anywhere " Ishaan wasnt purposely addressing him but it was the first time Ishaan addressed him as dad and slowly the sir went away followed by dad .