Chapter 33 :" Forgotten Past "

Gauri hardly had any time to get ready for the engagement after their date but she was happy to spend some time alone with Arnav, that a smile flickered on her face every time she noticed him as they drove together in his car to the engagement venue .

When the orphanage came into view, it brought her so many past memories with it. While she had locked the past memories by her ironclad will, somehow it slipped at the sight of the familiar building.

"Do you remember, you took me to the orphanage on our first date as well " She spoke up out of nowhere then realized what she said at the sign of affection in his face.

Of course he remembers just like how she never fully forget their memories as well. Fortunately her son got his attention by asking him about the kids in the building that he did not say anything else about her slip of tongue .

She can't have him thinking that she was thawing towards accepting their relationship. When they stepped inside the building, she was relieved to see familiar faces like Kavya and Akash whose hands were interlinked together that she had to wonder if there was more to their relationship as well.

" I just came from watching your movie, I need not see it in real time as well " Arnav spoke up teasing Kavya which earned a rare smile from his sister as she unlocked her hands from Akash and intertwined it with her as she was now dragged to meet Lavanya who was in a room of her own getting ready as they walked inside .

When they were young, they always dreamed off this moment where one of them will get married, and seeing Lavanya all decked up made Gauri feel so happy for her friend .

Kavya and Gauri choose to stay with Lavanya till it was time for the exchange of rings and when they stepped out the room. Gauri found herself searching for Arnav and was glad he was with Rahul, as her feet found its way to him .

" How is my cousin ?" he asked her once she stood beside him .

" Deliriously happy " she answered back and it was true seeing Lavanya even now hugging Vihaan with joy made Gauri happy for them .

" Gauri di ,you are here . Hello Rahul " Another voice piped in with welcome as she turned to see Yuv, Lavanya's brother approaching them with a smile. Gauri was glad that Yuv had let go of his anger towards her because he was always like a brother to her .

" You look all grown up and handsome " she answered back as she tousled his hair as she used to do when he was a kid, the fact he only smiled back at her gave her a glimpse of the little boy who used to run behind her when they were kids .

Gauri had shifted her need for a sibling towards Yuv for so long before they adopted Ishaan, somehow it made her think about her long lost brother as well. He hadn't called her after that day, she kind of expected it but still she hoped they could have stayed in touch .

" What's going on, any problem? " Arnav voice asked her, he was always aware when she was upset.

" Just remembering the time when I met Ishaan here for the first time, do you remember how taken he was with dad that night? " Gauri spoke up as her eyes drifted towards her father and Ishaan standing together .

No one could guess those two weren't blood related because Ishaan had grown up looking just like her father , maybe not in appearance but his mannerisms and little habits always looked like her dad .

" I remember that night, the night you asked me to stay away from your life . I didn't listen to you that night and I am not going to do so now " he answered back surprising her by how the conversation drifted towards them .

So she had been fortunate again because his attention shifted from her to his cousin as it was the time for the exchange of the rings. And if he noticed her taking few steps away from her, he didn't say a word. Maybe he realized that he had pushed her as far as he can today .