Chapter 30 :" A Promise"

Author Note :" The book titled as been Changed from Six Months With Him to Her Broken Dream"

  The Next Day

Gauri felt horrible for the way she dismissed Arnav last night and may it was karma way of punishing her when Rahul woke up demanding to see Arnav . 

Her son wouldn't be satisfied by any other male family members , Ishaan and her dad failed miserably to entice him from forgetting about Arnav as he continued to demand for him every two minutes until everyone was sure a tantrum will happen soon if he didn't get to see Arnav .

Rahul had been the most mild one that he had never demanded for anything this insistently .Except Arnav , she didn't dare to ask the reason behind it fearing it may reveal how much her son loved Arnav and then her heart would break all over again when she let him go both for herself and Rahul .

" Dad ,can I borrow your car to take Rahul " she asked her father a little later prepared to acquiesce to her son demands , her father asked if he should drive her but she declined because she wanted to leave as soon as Rahul got his Arnav quota for the day .

She could have asked Arnav to come by and he would have but after her behaviour last night ,she didn't want him to make any concession for her comfort . She would go to him and it would also make her have a reason to visit his daily.

Rahul had been delighted when Gauri announced they were going to Arnav home and his joy was infectious that she basked in it until Arnav family house came into view ,this was the house she visited so often in her life . This was the house most of her memories with Arnav are locked up .

She didn't want to overstep her welcome that she had texted him instead of calling because she wasn't ready for that yet , she hoped surrounded by his family will ensure she could keep the distance through the visit .

He had been waiting for them that Rahul rushed out of the car as soon as he saw the glimpse of Arnav , she parked the car and waited for few moments before getting out . Fortunately Arnav wasn't alone by then as his grandmother joined in to see her great grandkid .      

Gauri always knew Arnav family would accept Rahul as their own, but knowing and seeing are two different things as she saw how they all craved for his attention even if it lasted few minutes, Gauri felt bit overwhelmed to see their love for her son. And when she had been young ,she used to think their welcome had been related to the fact she was Lavanya best friend,later assumed it had something to do with the fact she was Arnav girlfriend.

But their acceptance of Rahul made her realize the truth, that their acceptance never had a checklist ,it had always been free of any obligation. Rahul would have been accepted and cherished by Arnav family even if she wasn't married to him , they would have accepted her and Rahul if she had found the courage to visit them when Arun was alive.. She always knew it deep down, it was why she wanted to ensure Kavya life doesn't get sidetracked by guilt.

  Kavya always felt a little too much ,and if the mere fact she and Arnav broke up caused her to act out then she didn't want to imagine how she would have cooped up if the truth was known to her when it happened, and thinking about Kavya made her realize she wasn't among the admirers of Rahul.

 " Where is Kavya?" She asked Arnav dad who was closer to her and the smile that had been in his face while adoring Rahul from far off  fell a little at her question. 

 " In her room beta" he answered back but she didn't have to ask more because she heard what he didn't say as well. She locked herself in the room thinking Gauri would prefer that when it was far away from the truth.