Chapter 23: "A Mother Plight "

A few Months ago.          

" Have you lost your mind? " Kishore had asked his friend Arun as the man before him continue to remain calm. Arun didn't look like a man who was diagnosed terminally ill . Yet the doctor's report indicated the man hadn't much time to live.        

  " No, Kishore. I thought about it a lot and  Gauri needs this to move on from her past " Arun spoke up as if dying suddenly gave him too much wisdom and frankly all Kishore knew was that this was one plan that could backfire a million ways.        

" Why not appoint this  Arnav as Rahul legal guardian and be done with it. Why bring in your brother when you know he has no honest intention towards Gauri or Rahul. " Kishore demanded from his friend who also happened to be his client at the moment.         

 " Trust me, this would work. Nothing brings people together than trouble " Arun answered back which frustrated Kishore because the man was dying and letting Kishore stay behind to deal with the fallout. 

  " What if Gauri lost the case, what if your brother got custody. Have you considered it? This would destroy your wife Arun, in the end, you would be doing irreparable damage than help Gauri by your schemes " Kishore warned his friend for the last time but he already knew his friend was not someone who would change his mind once made up.

 " That why I have you Kishore, there is no one who can help Gauri better than yourself.  You know everything there is to know about Gauri's past and her marriage with me. So frankly I don't think you will fail, with you as her lawyer the case will be just a minor hurdle but one that would ensure she had the man she loved back in her life " Arun answered back, he had been so confident that Kishore agreed to the mad brain scheme only for the sake of his friend.

          ************************

Present Time

Kishore should have predicted the turn of events, Arun was confident that his brother wasn't aware of Rahul's parentage, and yet somehow Pradeep, Vinoth's lawyer got himself the DNA report that contradicts Arun's claim.              

Kishore had planned for all the contingency in the case yet looking at Gauri's frozen face, he realized maybe he made a mistake by agreeing with Arun's plan. He waited until Arnav, Gauri's husband sent Rahul away with his brother-in-law before speaking up, he may not be able to protect Gauri from being part of it but at least Rahul was out of the courtroom.            

 " Your honor, It is true Arun isn't Rahul's biological father but unlike what his brother assumed, Gauri didn't lie or hid the truth from Arun. She had been upfront about it from the start and it was also the reason Arun had legally adopted Rahul a few months after he was born. So the claims that Gauri was deceiving Arun is not the truth " Kishore spoke up and even provided the adoption papers as evidence and if he expected that would deter the opposite side, he was wrong because Pradeep wasn't someone who would give up easily. 

When Kishore heard that Vinoth had gotten Pradeep as his lawyer, he knew it spelled trouble yet another outcome Arun wouldn't have expected when he made up this plan, Pradeep was known for his ruthlessness and unwillingness to back down until he draws blood from the other side.     

 It was his way, while it made him a good lawyer, it also established him as a cold human who would exploit Gauri's past to shape his case, and just as he feared Pradeep's counter-argument surprised even Kishore.          

 " Then why would a young girl marry a man 15 years her senior when she had been pregnant with someone else child, Gauri had used Arun kindness to her advantage and she had moved on and married someone soon after his death that my client believe she was the reason his brother didn't recover from his sickness. You can't tell me they married out of love when truthfully Arun never recovered from the death of his first wife "Pradeep's arguments had tried to portray Gauri as someone who choose Arun for his wealth.