Epilogue :" When Dreams come True"

Two Years Later 

Gauri Khanna wasn't usually this nervous recently, but today was different. Hence the tiny flicker of nervousness as she paced in the small room. Then sound of footsteps reached her as she turned to see her best friend and sister in law walking together and the smile in there faces, made her less nervous than before, as she let herself be hugged by them.

" Did you really have to come ? Didn't the doctor say something about bed rest ?" Gauri asked her best friend who had been pregnant and expecting the happy event in less than a month.

"Well I am a doctor and My husband is a doctor, So we overruled the other one because I refuse to miss any important event in your life, never again " Lavanya answered back even as her hands went protectively against her stomach. Gauri knew Lavanya wouldn't have risked coming if she didn't feel safe to do so. 

"And Vihaan is supposed to drive back her home, the second the event gets over. So don't worry Gauri. This is your day to shine " Kavya answered back next with a dazzling smile of hers, not the camera friendly one but the one that she reserves just for her family.

" Who will notice me, When Kavya Khanna is amongst the guests?" Gauri answered back teasingly , it was true her sister in law continued to still rule the big screens and is everyone favorite. And more than few times Gauri had been stopped by random strangers because she happened to be Kavya's , Sister in law. Gauri was still learning to combine the two sides of sister in law's life.

"My brother for one and My Fiancée for the other , you know Akash is smitten with you now.  Who knew the Akash the playboy was a book worm in heart, he must be the first one in line for your autograph ." Kavya answered back with a smile. A tap to the door halted their conversation as the organizer of the event stepped in, telling Gauri it was time. 

The new building of the Orphanage was reopened just last month and this was the first event that happens in this building, but Gauri asked for this place. She still remembers how her first book readers had been the kids of the Orphanage and this one will start here as well. She had no idea how her book will be received by other readers, but she had been excited when it was selected by publishing company few months back. 

Writing had been her hobby back as a child, and she never saw it as a career but when she moved back home from Chennai with Arnav and Rahul , because she wanted to be around her family again. She had expected to find a new job soon, but life intervened and she had to stay at home , in the free time she had, she spend them writing a book. 

And sent it for a publishing house due to her husband encouragement. She didn't expect anything in return , so had been surprised by the news and now her book was getting launched today in a small event in the orphanage. 

Gauri saw the familiar faces of all her family in the small crowd including the kids of the Orphanage, but her eyes remained focused on the three in the front row sitting together and starring at her with a big smile. She went and sat beside her daughter who had been kind enough to reserve the seat for her. 

" Congratulations Mom " Rahul signed out at the sight of her, while Arnav leaned into kiss her cheek in an affectionate gesture as she whispered his congratulations next while their daughter was much more enthusiastic as she jumped from her chair and straight on to Gauri's lap as she hugged Gauri with those tiny hands. 

Gauri had never felt more fortunate then at the sight of her family. They were always enough to make her content and for a moment she forgot about everything else except her family. The rest of the event passed by in a blur, she heard the congratulation from her family and friends. She was happy that she didn't make too much blunder when speaking on stage, the fact that she signed as well as spoke the words out loud may have been noted as different by others but for Gauri, her world revolves around two languages. The language of Sign ,that her kids can understand and the language the rest of the world speak with words.