Chapter 6: " A Crack in the Fascade"

Dedicated Sree8410 , For giving me a reason to work on this update with a smile .

24 hours later .

Gauri was driving back to work,  she needs a familiar surrounding to forget the incident that happened . She was in the kitchen and when she heard footsteps she had assumed it was Arnav ,a mistake on her part because when a hand touched her shoulder and she realized it didn't belong Arnav, she panicked and the result her hand with the knife  flew and found its mark in her brother in law face .

She was relieved when Arnav arrived on time and stepped in between her and Vinoth, and she was thankful when he dragged her brother in law out of her house and locked the door leaving him out, but she wasn't the least bit relieved to see his questioning glance at her or rather when his eyes filled with concern the moment he noticed she was shaking in fear.  

He walked towards her in an hurry but she took a step back  and he stopped when he noticed she was backing away from him, there was a hint of hurt in his eyes but she couldn't let him close if she wanted to guard her secrets. But she knew he would want an explanation so she rushed inside her room and locked him out, gathering time till she have to face him again. He didn't knock on her door as she expected and she only met him an hour later when he was about to leave for work.

" Breakfast ?" She asked him when she noticed he was leaving, her son was still sleeping which gave her enough time to get over the initial shock and head back to the kitchen to cook. And he only shook his head in answer but she had prepared an explanation over the time and didn't think she could pull it through if she didn't speak up then .

" Do you know Arnav. That  I have one or two  FIR against me"  She spoke up out of nowhere that wasn't what she planned to tell him, just that she didn't mean to hit Vinoth and it was an accident yet she found out she couldn't just lie to him.

And realized it will be hard to keep her secrets if she kept talking with him . She saw the surprise in his face as he heard her speak but also concern as if he couldn't understand what she meant by her statement.

 " That was the reason my lawyer thought , I  couldn't win the case for custody if it went to trial as my past will be used to make me a liability for his safety " She found herself speaking and this time when he walked towards her, she felt herself relax and gestured him to sit next to her in the dinning table.

" The first time it happened was when I was Pregnant with Rahul, I mistook three stranger who were just trying to return something I dropped as following me purposely and used my pepper spray against them ,  Arun didn't want me to endure the stress  when I was pregnant that he paid those three  to not file the case against me. 

And there began the cycle where my actions became reckless with time,  I never realized how protected I have been until I moved to a different city . Truthfully half of the time it was my fault and the other person had been innocent, there was a time when I walking down the stairs of a super market after Rahul was born. My Colleague found me and tried to greet me with his wife  and when I felt a tap on my shoulder again I reacted and pushed him away and he fell down the stairs and broke his ribs . They didn't file a case still I felt guilty of my actions. 

Those time when I actually harmed an innocent, I always went Scott free but when I had been the one innocent, I had an FIR filed against me.  it happened while I had been pregnant as well , I was driving the car when another car driver began to harass me by words and whistle, it scared me that I tried to drive faster but he kept following me until it ended in an accident but the driver filed a case against me saying I caused the accident out of negligence . So yeah Gauri Singhania daughter of Adharsh Singhania had been in the wrong side of the law often .