Chapter 29 :" Traveling Alone "

One Week later .

For someone who used to be scared to step out of the house alone years ago , traveling alone was a big deal. She didn't mean to disregard her three year old son but in a way she felt more vulnerable now because she need to protect him .

After her emotional outburst over a misunderstanding, Arnav set her straight gently when he told her that he wasn't leaving her forever but just leaving bit earlier to see Kavya, his sister who had decided to step down from being an actress .

Back then Gauri had been more worried about Kavya to even think about how she would travel alone a week later as scheduled before but when Arnav called her the next day to let her know Kavya had changed her mind for now she felt relief to know he had been able to help his sister but she declined his offer to return and told him that she will come alone with Rahul a week later .

Because Gauri realized she needed time to think about their future, and she need to learn to be a independent single mother for Rahul. Which meant travelling alone with her son .

" Beta, Dad can come " her mother told her when she learned Gauri had planned to travel alone unlike Arnav they know more about her recent aversion to being alone. Arnav didn't see the Gauri who barely stepped outside her home, he knew she had issues but he never knew the extent of it yet .

" It okay ma, I want to do this alone " Gauri had reassured her mother but also the reassurance failed after she strapped her son seatbelt and sat beside him .

Once Rahul began to sleep ,she was left with her own thoughts for company. It wasn't hard as she imagined but back then she would have seen threats everywhere right now she could ignore her co passengers but few years ago everyone of them were a threat to her .

It felt refreshing good to be able to outgrow her fears and yet there remained one fear she didn't voice out loud, she had cried in his arms accusing him for giving up on her a week ago and by doing so she had given him a glimpse of how much she cares about him .

Now she was worried that he might construct it to mean there was hope for them when in reality it wasn't possible at all . Arnav may love her and will be a good father to Rahul but he will never be happy with her .

Gauri knew she loves him still but at times it not enough to overcome every hurdles before them , she promised herself that she will end everything after Lavanya wedding and set him free from her .

But when she walked out of the airport with her son and saw him waiting for them, her heart failed to think about the day she was going to bid goodbye as her son rushed towards Arnav because at this moment she was happy to see him .

*****************

" Did you miss me ?" Arnav asked the little one as he caught him up in his arms and once settled comfortably Rahul answered him in affirmative and it made Arnav happy to hold him again because while it may be just a week ,he did miss Rahul and Gauri far more than he realized until he saw them again .

After Gauri outburst all he could think about was to have her back with him, so he can reassure her that he wasn't going to walk away from her. When he saw the tears it gave him hope to hold on because he knew she cared about him more than she let him see.

But Kavya needed him and his family needed him and so he travelled back home only to find Akash proved to be a unlikely saviour who changed his sister mind for the time being and even then he wanted to spend some time with Kavya as his parents remained worried about her .

It was also the reason, he will have to drop his wife and Rahul in her parents home which would mean he couldn't spend more time with them . And when Rahul finally stopped talking, he drifted his attention to his wife who eyes refused to look at him and he realized in just a week she raised her walls against him all over again .