12

Amanda

I brushed my fingers through my hair, I could feel myself slowly losing sanity.

I was going crazy, and Cook wasn't helping at all. I know he was trying to but it just made it worse. I took a deep breath, and stood up.

I grabbed the remote from the counter and turned the TV on. I pressed the YouTube icon and made my way towards the search bar.

I searched up some music to help me relax, and put me in a better state of mind.

Too much has happened this week and I just wanted to get away from it.

Apparently the music was messing with my hearing because I didn't hear my door being knocked on until I paused the music.

I carefully opened the door and to my surprise it was Effy.

"Hi Ef," I said and then peered over beside her looking for anyone with her,"what are you doing here..alone?" I asked but not rudely.

"Can't I see my friend." She chuckled and I shrugged letting her in.

"So how are things?" She asked and I could tell where this conversation was going.

"Great, I was just listening to some music and was about to make something to eat." I lied but not about the music part.

I was great at lying and great at hiding my emotions so Effy just nodded and smiled.

"Good." She chirped.

"Well I came by to drop this." She said looking through her pocket and taking out a small gift box.

I arched my brow but she just smiled and pushed it towards me.

Her smile wasn't genuine though, it seemed a bit...envious?

"I was forced into doing this." She sighed and then left, closing my door behind her.

I fiddled with my fingers before opening the small cream box.

A piece of paper was neatly folded on top of the item and I picked it up.

I looked at the gift before opening it, and my eyes widened.

It was a beautiful gold necklace with the name "Amanda" in cursive letters.

I looked in awe and then opened the paper.

Dear, Amanda

I hope you accept this gift, well you don't have much of a choice yeah? Meet me in front of your house tonight at 7, better be their love.

Your darling, Cook.

I scoffed at the end.

My darling.

There's nothing darling about him.

I rolled my eyes and picked up the necklace gently. I put it on my neck and stood up to see how it would look in the mirror.

Touching my neck I stared in awe at how beautiful it was.

My phone began to ring and quickly picked it up to see it was my mother.

"Hey darling we're gonna be late tonight, don't be worried love you." She said, and then made a kissing noise through the phone.

"Love you too, be safe." I said and then the phone disconnected.

I looked at the time to see it was 6:30, my eyes widened and I began to scramble. I ran upstairs and started to look for something to wear.

No

No

No

Uh..no

Yes!

I picked out the navy tight dress, it was off the shoulder. I then paired it with a pair of blue pumps and a shiny silver clutch.

I curled my hair and applied some lipgloss,highlighter,mascara and blush.

Checking my phone it said that it was 6:55.

I opened my front door and left the house. I started to walk to Cooks house until I had seen a car pull up.

"Don't you want a ride love?" A voice said from the car and I turned to see cook.

"Shut it." I rolled my eyes and entered the car.

Cook stared at me with a smile.

"What?" I asked.

"You just made it ten times more beautiful." He smirked and then looked away.

I didn't understand until I looked down to see the necklace.

I felt my heart skip a beat but I refused to show him I felt any attraction to him, even though it might have been too late for that .

I sat silently through the whole ride, and occasionally I could feel Cooks stare lingering on me, as if he was piercing my very soul and unraveling everything I've been hiding.

Though as much as I feel for him I came here to tell him the truth. I couldn't take a step farther with him, knowing I wasn't happy with myself.

"Here." I heard Cooks deep voice say.

I got out of the car and thanked him. He had smiled and wrapped his arm around my waist, pulling me in tightly in his grasp.

"Cook before we go in I just want-" he shushed me.

"Whatever you wanna tell me you can tell me after tonight,ya?" He said, smiling and I shattered into a million pieces.

His smile was so genuine and it hurt me to break it, but I had to tell him.

"No, please just-" he interrupted me again.

"Listen for once, love." He sighed, dragging out the 'love'.

"But it's serious.." he interrupted again.

"I don't care, just live in the moment and break my heart after." He said softly, his voice cracking slightly at the last few words he had said.

My heart stung a little.

"Table for two,under Cook." Cook said once we had entered the restaurant.

The employee nodded and began to lead us towards our table.

Before following him cook looked at me, a soft smile embedded on his face.

"You ready for a night of a lifetime." He said.

"Yes." I smiled.

But I'm not ready to break your heart.

And mine in the process.

New chapter enjoy🥰

NOT EDITED !