9; All Men Think They're Gods

"No need to run and hide
It's a wonderful, wonderful life
No need to laugh and cry
It's a wonderful, wonderful life."

       TO SAY ITS AWKWARD WHEN THEY GET BACK TO THE HELICARRIER, is like saying her father  has a minor heart problem

       TO SAY ITS AWKWARD WHEN THEY GET BACK TO THE HELICARRIER, is like saying her father  has a minor heart problem. Loki comes quietly, dark eyes shinning with something that makes the hair on the back of Cindy's arms stand up.

She and her father position themselves near the front of the jet, her father wrapping an arm around her waist as he calms himself from her near miss with a god. They haven't spoken, both of them standing stock still and Steve beside them is tense, muscles locked, air heavy with unsaid feelings.

"I don't like it." Steve speaks up, brows furrowed in thought.

"What?" Tony mused, a quirk of his lips, "Rock of Ages giving up so easily?" Cindy merely rolled her eyes.

Glaring ahead the Captain raises a brow, "I don't remember it being ever that easy."

"Still, you are pretty spry, for an older fellow." Tony spat sarcastically, "What's your thing? Pilates?"

"What?"

"It's like calisthenics." The eldest Stark said, "You might have missed a couple things, you know, doing time as a Capsicle."  Steve looks at Tony, finally meeting his ego match.

"Fury didn't tell me he was calling you in."

Tony glared, "Yeah, there's a lot of things Fury doesn't tell you." Cindy had to agree with him there. The youngest Stark shushes them as she becomes aware the weathers picked up, stormy clouds suddenly slipping into slamming rain, the brisk wind transformed into rumbling thunder. She watches as a flash of lightning cracks outside, casting an eerie glow over the helicarrier. The light catches Loki's face, making him look etheral, untouchable, every inch the mythical being.

"You're scared of a little lightning?" she asks, tone perfectly even. Loki glances up, smirk tugging his lips.

"I'm not overly fond of what follows," he replies, and Cindy has one, tiny moment of dread, when the door of the helicarrier is ripped open.  There's flashes of lightning and the rain is absolutely thudding down. She sees the silhouette of a man - Thor.

She gets a blur of crimson clock, golden hair, rippling muscles, an actual hammer, when the guy grabs Loki and then jumps out of the plane.

Because Cindy is surrounded by idiots, her father promptly does the same thing, Steve following. She rolls her eyes - she doesn't know why, no ones there to see it, because they've, oh yeah, jumped out a damn plane - and puts on her head piece to control her boosters.

"You might want to sit this one out, Cee," Natasha calls, "These guys come from legend. They're practically Gods."

"Let's be real, Nat," she says, and her voice is rough as she tries to shout over the wind, "In my experience, all men think they're Gods."