「Chapter Two」

I was recruited into the low ranks of the First Order. I did my best to continue ranking up, knowing it was my best chance to have a one-on-one with Kylo, and ask him to become my master.

"Congratulations, Rhaella." My commanding officer announced, placing a new badge over my heart on my brand new light gray uniform, collar neatly folded over. I smiled to him as he gave me the rank of Lieutenant.

I lined up with the others and stood by.

"Make way, Kylo Ren will be coming by shortly." An officer shouts.

I froze, my heart skipping a beat. I suddenly looked around to see if my comrades had the same reaction, but they remained stiff. Embarrassed by my excitement, I straightened my stance with my head forward and chin high.

I could tell when he entered, even without announcement I could feel his powerful presence. It was like a wave washed over me, it took all the strength in me not to move, but I slowly tilted my head down, looking to him as he passed by.

He noticed me.

Even if only for a split second, Kylo had looked my way. And though I couldn't see his eyes through his mask, I know they met with mine.

Soon, I was finally in the battlefield, simply in support of Kylo, rather than aside him.

"Congratulations, Lieutenant!" The officer shouted to me in the cafeteria. I gave a generous smile and a quick bow of gratitude. My colleagues celebrated with me, bringing out glasses of champagne.

"The field is a tough, but at least there are no more Jedi. My father told me stories about those battles, and boy was it scary."

I smiled, looking down to my hands cupped around the warm mug steaming with a dark colored caffeine drink. "Do you know if Kylo Ren would join us?" I asked someone nearby.

"Kylo?" they snorted. "No, he's way too important to pay us any attention."

"I see..." I reply.

It wasn't enough. I needed a chance to speak to Kylo, and not just in battle. I needed alone time with him.

Despite how quickly I blew through the ranks throughout the years and how impressed all of my colleagues and higher-ups were, it would never be enough to gain his attention. So, I decided to step down as Lieutenant and applied for a job in the medical field, as a combat and general nurse. Not only for my future with potential Kylo Ren, but for my own well being. I was trying to find somewhere I fit in, and I grew tired of performing duties that of which I wasn't happy with in patient waits for Kylo to notice me.

It came as a shock to everyone, even angering those who struggled to rank up, but somehow, it was allowed. And for months I studied, trained, and was soon let out to work on live patients.

For some time, all I nursed were wounded stormtroopers. I met some who'd gotten PTSD from the battlefield, amputees, even some who'd died shortly after our meeting... though the medical field wasn't high in rank, it was much harder than anyone could've imagined.

But I pushed through, I showed all that I could do any job I desired in the First Order. And to be honest, helping and healing felt more natural to me than war. I felt as if the force had guided me here, and this was where I belonged.