「Chapter Fourteen」

____

After seeing Rhaella had already abandoned Dathomir, I continued to aimlessly search the galaxy, knowing that I couldn't give up when I'm so close. From planet to planet I jumped, begging for another sign that she was still alive. I meditated for hours hoping to reach her, hoping she'd hear me. But it was no use. I feared the worst, but hoped she'd simply cut herself from the force to hide.

For months I searched, never losing a shred of hope, but it became tiresome. I began to convince myself that she was running from me, and that I'd never catch up. That was, until I seen her, a political poster plastered on the wall, praising her as if she were a God.

She had a cult-like following, worshippers who covered the walls with posters and propaganda of her, and another woman by her side. In this portrait, her eyes were yellow, her clothes dark.

I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Perhaps it was a misinterpretation, maybe it was just a bad joke. As I looked to it, I was reminded of myself. That darkness I always sought after, and it seemed to have come to her with such ease.

Wanting answers, I began questioning the locals about her, most too scared to answer, fleeing as I showed them the poster of her. But one, a follower of hers, was proud to say her name. Rhaella, Daughter of Darkness.

The truth had finally settled in, tears burning my eyes at the realization. I'd created a monster, a woman who strikes fear into people's hearts, her name spoken alone is enough to send fearful ones fleeing. All I could think of was the kind woman who fought by my side, who struggled to take a life, who showed me mercy, and her gentle nature. What had I done? I could have prevented this, and now she's destroying everything in her path.

I need to save her, and bring her back to the light, with me.

I should have never let her leave alone all those years ago. I should have left with her, followed her and been by her side every step of the way. This is my fault. And now, I must find her, and face what I've created.

I followed her trail of destruction, through every planet she dominated, and eventually caught on to her plan. She'd destroyed Starkillers, overtaken planets once under the First Order's reign. She was planning on overthrowing Snoke, and taking his throne.

By the time I'd realized this, it was nearly too late, but I still had a short amount of time to reach her, not a second to spare.

I raced my way to Snoke, landing my ship in the bay and stepping out, taken back by my familiar surroundings, a painful reminder of who I once was. I look down at the floors reflection of me, how much i've grown since I left this place.

I brush this off, having no time to waste for reminiscing. I rushed through the halls, following the destruction she'd left behind, and come across troopers standing guard in the hall. I slowed my pace and approached them, hoping they'd recognize me.

"What're you guarding?" I demanded. The troopers look to one another then back to me.

"Kylo Ren?" They retort.

"Let me through."

"We're sorry sir, but we're under new orders. No one past this point unless Rhaella approves.

"Rhaella." I softly repeat. Shaking my head, I'm left with no choice. I lift my hand and throw the two guards back, sending them flying into the wall. I run past and continue my search, the feeling in the pit of my stomach growing stronger the closer I get to her.

____

"Rhaella?" I hear a weary voice call. I follow the voice to see a man standing from behind a drawer. "Rhaella, my, it's been so... long." he says with a sheepish grin. Without reaction, I simply turn to him, looking him up and down.