「Chapter Eight」

Winds lashed across the lands, crops flowing, healthy with a warm sun ahead. Rains came often, never giving farmers reason for doubt.

Markets were busy, the people were kind and true, the children playful, with full bellies. Not a worry in their minds.

Cold nights called for cozy blankets and warm tea, families invited neighbors for dinner, warm fires burned all night—there was no need for anger, or war. There was only love.

~

I start my day by rising with the sun. A cold shower wakes me and prepares me for the day. Taking a fresh pair of clothes, I dress and prepare breakfast. The old lady who'd taken me in slowly comes out, her weight shakily against a cane. I take her arm and help her to the table where she dives in, always surprising me with her wild appetite.

With a full belly, I help her onto the back of the speeder and take us to the market, helping her back off as we prepare the store for another day.

Our first customers were a pair of boys, straight for the candies. I smile, watching as they joke and play.

"My mum was telling me about the jedi and the sith."

"Oh yeah! They have those cool laser swords!"

They laugh, mimicking a lightsaber, making the sounds with their mouths, pretending to fight each other.

My smile fades as the sounds of their pretend lightsabers echo in my mind, fading into the real sounds, the screeching and humming they gave off.

It'd been a little over a year since I left his side. The nightmares used to haunt me when I first arrived here, crash landing in the woods. When the old lady found me and took me in, there were many restless nights, and even when rest did fall upon me, the nightmares would torture. The old lady would often be by my side comforting me until I calmed.

I feel a warm hand touch my backside that snaps me back to reality. I turn to see her kind smile before she cashes out the kids.

Oh, what i'd do to pay her back for how much she's helped me come along.

~

As time wore and the sun was reaching its end for the day, I packed up shop, dropped her off back at home, and left for a peaceful meditation. An old Jedi temple wasnt too far out past the woods, the building overgrown with greenery, cracks filled with vines and grass taking over the floors.

I find an open space where the sun shown through a hole in the structure, leaving a spotlight shining and shimmering over where I sat on a patch of soft grass. I close my eyes and release my breath.

My eyes flickered beneath my lids as I began to gain visions, ones of my grandfather, even some of me as a child from when I was too young to remember. But I soon began to get an itchy feeling, my muscles tensing up as I caught a glimpse of my mother. The only thing I could remember from previous visions was that she was force sensitive but never trained, yet, this vision seemed different. My mother was alone, lost and angry. She found someone, a darkness that took her in.

I hear a loud whisper calling out my name. My eyes open and I catch myself before falling over, each breath heavy in panic. I feel a presence nearby, looking up to the shadows as a figure stands before me, light hair peeking out from beneath the hood, the only visible markings were tattoos across their face. As they stepped into the light, I could see it was a woman, yellow eyes peering through the darkness and a saber hanging from her belt. She smiles to me as she steps closer, removing her hood.

"Rhaella." she calls again.

"Who-who are you?" I question, catching my breath as I stand. She's only inches away from me now, her bright yellow eyes scanning me from head to toe with a smile.