「Chapter Ten」

My mother had some how managed to drag me to a shady bar on a planet deeply hidden in the outer rim, one for thieves and spice runners to hide away on.

The shadow of our hoods shrouded our faces, therefore turning no eyes, drawing no attention, as we blended in with the shady characters already present.

We approach the bartender and my mother begins speaking an unfamiliar language.

"Dopa of uta-sha ninest orinks." she says, the bartender quickly turning and smiling.

"Sikaerah!" it shouts her name happily. "Long tee-tock nobata see, whooh beet dars batta?"

She looks to me and pushes me forward. "Beet mah oaughtah, Rhaella."

"Ooleasure sajo uba, Rhaella." the alien takes my hand and kisses it.

"He says it's a pleasure to meet you." She whispers to me. I tug on a smile and nod my head in reply.

The bartender then begins pouring us shots of a glowing liquid, sliding them to us. I watch as my mother takes the drink without hesitation and begins gulping it down, slamming the glass down and looking to me with a heavy satisfied exhale. I look down to my drink and begin to take small sips, my face suddenly cringing at the foul sour taste. She laughs and pats my back. "Much to learn." I give an awkward smile and begin to place the glass down but someone walking by bumps into me, causing me to spill the drink. My mother and I watch as it spills off the bar onto the floor, and she looks over to the man as he walks away without a clue.

"Don't worry about it." I say.

"One day I'll teach you how important it is to not let these scum underestimate or walk over you." She stands, calling the man out with a grin creeping onto her lips, and before I knew it, a fight broke out.

Seeing as my mother was winning but also enjoying it by the looks of the wide smile on her face, I sigh and walk off into a back hallway to explore as everyone was distracted.

I notice a stack of books aside a walls corner, a small walk-through space just behind it, and peek my head around to examine. To my surprise, behind was a dusty dark room, the floors made of marble and walls a sleek paint over stone. I squeeze through and enter, where inside I pause look around, noticing all the junk pushed against walls, crates and dusty dishes.

I step further into the room, the street lamp outside shining through the window and setting a dim spotlight just center of the room where I decide to sit. I begin thinking, allowing my thoughts to finally flow, as if the flood walls had been opened.

Overwhelmed, I close my eyes and released all my tension with one deep breath and exhale. I could feel ease find its way through my muscles, dropping me into a meditative state. I let myself reach out, my feelings, my inner being.

I open my eyes, now standing in a long hallway. The force guides me, leading me down and into a room, much the opposite of the one I was in now, no mess, shiny floors and walls, dust free. I look around, and eventually spot Kylo Ren, sitting across a burnt decaying helmet, the one that once belonged to Darth Vader.

I couldn't see Ren's face through the mask but I could sense his loneliness, feel the torment he was trying to subdue. I sat down and watched as he talked to the mask, desperately searching for a guide, a sign, anything to keep him on the path of the dark side. I could tell he was struggling. Something was pulling him.

I sigh, mistakingly, causing Ren to notice my presence. I try masking myself but he'd already become aware, and looked in my direction.

I felt it, just then, like I did all those years ago, our eyes met and I could feel our connection spark once again.