「Chapter Six」

The throne room was as intimidating as i'd expected. Royal guards circled it, ready for any sudden surprise, and sat valiantly in the middle was Snoke. He smiled to me as I entered, his cheek resting against his fist.

"Finally," he speaks, his heavy words echoing throughout the room. "I get to meet your new apprentice." he chuckles.

I come to a halt as Ren does, looking over to see him kneeling. I begin to kneel aside him but Snoke calls for me to stop. "Pay him no mind, come closer, girl. What is your name?" he asks as I begin to slowly step forward.

"Rhaella." I simply reply. Walking closer, I began to realize how small I felt inside this room and compared to Snoke, how it feels I could be crushed like a bug in only seconds.

"Rhaella." Snoke repeated with a sharp whisper. I stop as I'd approach his throne, watching as he closes his eyes. "Yes, I can sense the power in you. Ren chose you wisely." He opens his eyes and smiles. "I must admit, I felt your presence years ago when you first arrived, but I could never pick you out. You're excellent at masking yourself. You may have more potential than my young apprentice."

I glance back to Ren, watching as he grips his fists tighter, sensing the tension. "He's stronger than I am." I reply, facing Snoke again.

I could tell Ren was offended by Snoke's words, and I felt as though it were my fault.

"Yes, but he still has much to learn. The power his bloodline holds, yet he still fails me."

I look to the floor, my fist balling tighter in form, shaking my head. "He brought me to you. Not so much a failure, if you ask me. And I'm lucky to have a teacher as great as him, he's taught me so much in only a few days."

"Perhaps you're just a fast learner." Snoke retorts.

I snap my head from facing the floor, looking into Snoke's eyes with a firm gaze. "Perhaps he needs a better teacher." I say, only realizing seconds later what had slipped from my arrogant lips. My tense face loosens and I take a step back, lowering my head in shame. "I-I apologize."

Snoke begins to laugh. "Use that anger, child. It will fuel your strength."

I sigh and take a bow. "Yes, Lord Snoke." I say before turning and walking back to Ren, who stands makes an exit aside me.

As we enter the halls, there is nothing but silence between us two. I glance over to him, seeing that he seems to be deep in thought, frustrated.

"Are you okay?" I ask. Ren looks over to me, his brow kneading in confusion.

"I'm fine." he replies, facing forwards again.

The look on his face, it was as if no one had ever shown him concern, my question surprising him.

I soon make it back to my living quarters, entering alone and placing my saber on the nightstand next to my bed.

I collapse onto the edge of my bed, bringing my hands to my face and sighing into them. Once I pull away, I stop to notice the scars on my palms, left by my nails. I hadn't noticed I'd gotten so angry that I broke through the skin when I clenched my fists. I've never felt as frustrated as I had then, the anger that suddenly flooded out of me was new, almost overwhelming.

Despite this, I decide to not take this alone time for granted, crawling to the center of my bed finding a meditational position. I close my eyes and relax, laying my hands on my knees. I sit and breathe, I can feel my heartbeat pulsing through my body. I feel like i'm floating.

I finally allow my thoughts to flow like a river, like Ren had taught me, and not too soon after, I began to hear faint whispers, distant and soft. Then, distinct enough to hear the words 'reach out' came from an unfamiliar voice. Curious, I follow the instructions and allow myself to extend my reach.

I could feel the force taking me somewhere, but I wasn't sure where to until I began to feel the rage. It'd slapped me in the face, heat had built in my chest, my heart pounding, my muscles beginning to grow sore... I was with Kylo Ren.

Flashes of red covered my sight, there was a fire burning inside, my head ached and throat was sore. I felt dehydrated, exhausted, and angry. This was beyond what i'd experienced earlier with Snoke, this was years of build up, and it felt like torture.

Suddenly I could see Ren from an outwardly perspective, watching as he sat on the edge of his bed, elbows on his knees as he was hunched over, head lowered in defeat. He was shivering with rage, fists tightly clenched.

I began to feel pity for him, standing across from him as he sat alone, allowing the fire to consume him. But suddenly, his head began to rise, pausing halfway up, then fully lifting and looking my way. His eyes met directly into mine. At first he looked scared, almost sad, but anger takes his expression as he rose to his feet.

Startled, I step back and find myself falling from my bed, slamming my back to the floor. I groan, sitting up and rubbing the back of my head as I wince in pain.

On the floor, I drop my hands into my folded legs and look around my empty room, no Ren in sight, and sigh, finding myself alone once again.