「Chapter Four」

As the afternoon rolled over and I began sanitizing all the tools, I was shocked to receive a visit from Kylo, even more so when he gave a poor excuse for his presence.

"I have this pounding headache that won't go away." He stated, avoiding eye contact as he sat on the bed.

"I see." I replied. His sudden appearance, this being twice this week, startled me. Something was off, as if he were hide his true intentions.

The next passing minutes were strange. As I proceeded with his check-up, it seemed as though he kept a close, untrusting eye on me and my every movement.

Yet, a patient is a patient, even if it is Kylo Ren. I proceed with checking his vitals, but as I use the flashlight on his eyes, I get this sudden uneasy feeling, one pushing my hand against my will.

A force began to guide me. My arm raised by itself, gently brushing his hair to the side as the palm of my hand laid against his warm forehead. I closed my eyes and focused.

What I saw inside was pure chaos. I witnessed Ren fighting for acceptance from his Lord, tearing himself apart. I could feel his pain, the anger, and a call. A call to what, I did not know.

I suddenly pulled away, nearly tripping as I stumbled backwards. My breath was unsteady and my arms felt sore. "That's... all for now." I try to say calmly. "You just need some rest and... be sure to stay hydrated." I take another step back and give an awkward smile, turning the other way and pretending to occupy myself with the tools before me. I listened as he stomped out, and once he was gone, I released a heavy sigh of relief.

I'd never felt pain like that before. That's what he's been keeping locked up inside of him?

__

I spent most of that night alone, my shift not ending until a few more hours, so I began cleaning the medical bay and all the tools, checking on the medical bots, as routine, trying not to think too much about what happened.

Once I was finished, I made way back to my living quarters, tidying the room up as well, anything to occupy my mind from the strange and sudden feeling of stress, an ominous cloud hanging over my head. Though, I couldn't stop thinking of him, his dark eyes piercing into mine, that cold glare, how it gave me chills.

I shook my head and glanced over to my saber that sat on my nightstand, poking out from beneath my folded uniform. I smiled to it, feeling this connection to the object, as if it were alive. I had just began to walk towards it when the doors to my room rush open. I swung around, surprised to see Ren standing unmasked before me, his face stricken and eyes serious. He stood, staring at me for a moment, then folded his arms behind his back and began slowly circling my room.

"I looked into your files." He finally speaks, breaking the silence. "It's impressive. You ranked up much faster than any of the other cadettes. Yet, you left it all behind to become... a nurse." He stopped in place and turned his head towards me, then began to slowly walk my way. As he closed the gap between us, I tried backing away, eventually feeling my back press against the cold wall allowing me to go no further. "Who are you?" he asks, his voice calm and soft.

I was scared.

"I'm... I'm just trying to find my place in all this, sir."

With a dissatisfied face, all in a sudden motion he pulled his saber, igniting it and pointed it my way. I watched as his gloved hand slowly rose behind the unstable saber, and I could feel that same force I'd occasionally use being held against me.

My body fell stiff, I was unable to move as he stepped closer, the heat from his saber pulsating against my face. "Tell me who sent you here. Are you a Jedi? Trained by him?" He persisted as I tried to struggle, stepping closer.

"No! Lord Kylo, you're hurting me!" I shout.

Something about what or how I said it made him release me, and I fell to the floor onto my knees. As I tried to calm my panicked breath, tears streaming down my face, he pulled his saber back and approached me, leaning down over me with his face close, examining my eyes.

"I dont believe you." He said softly, taking his saber and beginning to strike, but just in a breaths moment, I called my saber to me. Silence fell upon my ears, everything seemed to slow down as my eyes closed. My own voice echoed, 'help' I shouted, and to my hand the saber came, activating it and blocking his attack.

His pure strength pushed me down with my back against the floor, as he held his saber with only one hand, pushing it slowly against mine, gaining close to my skin. We held this position for a moment as he stared angrily into my fearful eyes. "DO YOU TAKE ME FOR A FOOL!" He shouted over the spitting of our impacted lightsabers.

Unable to fathom the words, I shoved his weapon back and released my saber, throwing it across the room as I sat up to my knees and bowed before him. "PLEASE! Please just give me a chance, this isn't what I wanted!" I shout, crying. He hesitates, stepping back and looking down to me in shock. "I've looked up to you for years, and you had no idea who I was! I don't even know who I am! I just need a teacher, someone to guide me!" I pleaded.

Staring down to me with an expressionless face, he sighed and deactivated his saber, turning for the exit. I looked up from the floor, a tear sliding down my cheek, and watched as he stopped in the doorway, barely turning his head to the side. "I'll begin your training tomorrow, then."

In disbelief, I sat there on the floor, looking up to him and the back of his head. He stood there for a moment, as if awaiting my response, but the overall shock had me stunned, I was confused, scared, unsure of how to feel. Then, when his eyes turned to face mine, I wiped my tears away. A smile overcame my fear.

"Yessir."