「Chapter Thirteen」

Like my mother had promised, we began to rule the galaxy. With our sheer power, we dominated every planet we landed on, striking fear into its habitants. Though, it wasn't quite as i'd expected.

Some part of me hesitated at the idea of harming someone for simply disobeying. My mother saw this of me, that even though I fell down the same path as her, my loyalty still wavered.

It even surprised me, as I'd vowed and devoted myself down this dark path, yet the light in me still fought. It tore my heart in two, pulling me back with every few steps down I made.

On those lonely nights, after a long day, I'd stand in the cockpit of our ship, overlooking the galaxy. A dark, endless space, void of most life, yet the foundation of all life. I'd often think of Ben, how his hair matched the void beyond, his complicated soul. I know his heart lied with the light, and it broke mine knowing he died unable to reach it.

His teachings were special, different than my mothers, he was patient, he wanted to teach me about the force rather than how to control it. Mother opposes his teachings, calling him weak. And I'd disagree.

Yet, here I am, beyond him now. If my mother could teach me one thing that Ben couldn't, it'd be...

Power.

The power flew through me, I was at my strongest, my least vulnerable state of being. It excited me—and with this power, my fears, my weaknesses, my connection to the light dimmed, faded away slowly. I could do anything, dominate anyone.

Planet after planet, we dominated together, as mother and daughter. I was finally reconnected with my own blood, I finally found my place. I couldn't help but thank Ben, though. I truly wouldn't be here without his aid. His death was not in vain. But I couldn't dwell on him any longer. No man held me back anymore, love wasn't needed. All I needed was power, and my mother.

Yet even with all that we've accomplished, mother still wasn't satisfied. She wanted the First Order. And if they didn't bend to her will, then she'd burn it all down. Convincing me that I'd look great on the throne of Supreme Leader, I followed her.

For months we tracked down First Order ships, destroying their name and hold over the galaxy. We went to planets under their reign and claimed it for our own. It was almost too easy.

As I walked from the burning Star Destroyer, ashes staining my hair and skin, a young girl approached me, tugging on my sleeve. I look down to her, losing my smile as I seen her large eyes looking up to me.

"Thank you, miss, you set us free." She said innocently. I smiled, kneeling down to one knee to reach eye level with her. Removing my glove, I grazed my pale, scarred hand across her cheek, wiping away the stain.

I looked into her eyes, and for a moment saw myself. I paused, Remembering my innocence was my weakness.

"You poor, miserable child. I haven't set you free, I've only taken their place. Your people belong to me now." I say, wiping away the ashes from her shirt. She backs away, fear and realization haven finally stricken her as I stand, smiling down to her.

Emerging from the flames was my new army. Stormtroopers turned to follow us, leaving the First order behind. It was the right decision, the First Order could no longer protect them. And if they weren't with us, they would die.

My mother steps beside me, both of us looking out to the destruction we had caused, satisfied smiles upon our faces.

"We have the location to Snoke's ship. Are you ready?" She says to me. I look to her, then turn to face my new army.

"Let's kill the Supreme Leader."

I began to feel butterflies it my stomach the closer we got to his ship. However, it wasn't nerves that caused this feeling. It was excitement. The thought of overthrowing the First Order and taking their power over the galaxy excited me like a child. I had no doubt in mind that we'd win, especially with our army, having picked off their ships and lowered their defenses by a milestone.

Nothing could stop us now.