Chapter 9

Come To Daddy

-

CHEYENNE'S POINT OF VIEW

I followed the GPS to the address that Vincent gave me while simultaneously listening to a nostalgia hits radio station. I was currently listening to an old NSYNC song.

"Every little thing I do-" I softly sang under my breath as I turned in the direction the GPS flashed on the screen, "-never seems enough for you."

As I pulled up to the gate Vincent told me about over our various text messages last night, I felt my stomach fill with butterflies.

I always got happy whenever I would see Vincent. Last night, we talked over messages until 3AM. He had the day off of work today so we planned to spend it together. We mainly spent time together when he was at lunch, clocked out of work, or whenever he had a day off work. It gave us a good amount of time alone but not as much as either of us wanted.

I slowly pulled my car up to the small security post where a man who looked to be my brother's age was waving me forward. He flattened his palm in the direction of my vehicle when I approached the red stop sign.

He said something into the radio phone that was connected to his jacket before directing his attention to me. "Are you just visiting?" He asked as he peered his head down to meet my gaze.

"Yes." I nodded in response.

"What is the last name of the party you're visiting?" He questioned.

"Milano." I answered.

He looked down at a small pad he pulled from his jacket's inner pocket. "Alright, and do you know the code of the party you're visiting?" He moved his eyes from the pad to my eyes.

"Neptune." I told him the code Vincent had given me. He said that for security reasons, the people who lived in his neighborhood had to give private codes to the security guard standing watch at the gate. Neptune was the name of a dog he used to own.

The guard said something else into the radio phone that caused the large gates in front of me to open.

He reached into his other breast pocket and pulled out a tag with a number on it. "Give this to the guard when you're leaving. Enjoy your visit Ma'am." He said in a pleasant voice but his facial expression remained stone cold. I grabbed the tag he handed me and thanked him before driving through the gates.

I followed my GPS thought the maze of inner neighborhood streets. The GPS told me I was looking for 1378 Foxworth Avenue but I remembered what the house looked like. I had visited the house before but never on my own; Vincent always picked me up and drove me to his house with him so I wasn't 100% sure where to go.

It was hard for me to see any of the houses because of the large trees that lined either side of practically every street I drove down. I eventually found Vincent's house and pulled into the driveway.

With butterflies in my stomach and my heart pounding in my chest, I stepped out of my car and walked up to the front door. I rang the doorbell and anxiously waited for Vincent to open the door.