Chapter 13

Weekend Getaway

-

VINCENT'S POINT OF VIEW

"I'll see you guys next week" I said to my coworkers as I zipped up my jacket and gathered my things so I could leave. They waved and bid me goodbye until I was out of their view. I made sure everything was taken care of before I walked out of the office and into the cool October weather.

My jacket and beanie were secure as I made my way to where my truck was parked.

Once I was at the driver's side of my truck, I unlocked the door and let myself in. I turned the key igniting the engine. I let out a sigh of relief as I felt the heat instantly kick itself on and push through the air vents. I removed my beanie and tussled my hair before I reached into my jacket pocket to grab my phone. I was going to call Cheyenne.

It was Friday evening and Rachel had already left for the airport about an hour ago. The house was empty and I wanted to change that.

I smiled excitedly as I waited for her to pick up. She answered on the third ring. "Hello?"

"Hey baby girl" I beamed into the phone. I could feel her blush at my words. 

"What's going on?" She asked. I heard some shuffling from her end of the phone.

"What are you doing?" I questioned, ignoring her question. "Nothing. It's freezing in my house even with the heat on and I'm trying to bury myself under my blankets." She answered.

I chuckled lightly at her silliness. "You're in bed?" I prompted. "Yeah," she said simply.

"What are you wearing?" I smirked. I didn't need to see her to know that her face was probably as red as a tomato.

"Stop it" she lightly giggled.

"Are you doing anything this weekend?" I asked changing the subject. I adjusted the air vents to aim towards me as I waited for her answer.

"Um," she made a noise that said she was thinking, "No, not that I can think of. Why?"

I quietly cheered to myself when I heard her. My plan was going to work out. I felt happiness take over my body.

"I'm off work this Saturday and Sunday and I'm gonna be home alone. I was just wondering if you wanted to spend the weekend with me." I said. I didn't lie to her. I managed to get this weekend off of work for two reasons, one so I could rest, and two so I could be with Cheyenne. If I was being honest with myself though, I wanted the weekend off mainly for her. Any chance I had to spend time with Cheyenne, I capitalized on it.

"Aw, I'd love that" she smiled into the phone making me match her smile. "I just have to let my parents know I'll be gone this weekend. I'll tell them I'm at Thalia's house or something. They'll be fine with it." She told me.

At the mention of her friend Thalia, I felt my smile fall slightly.

I wasn't the biggest fan of Thalia and the same went for her. We didn't get along very well since our first impressions of each other went horribly wrong. Luckily, we didn't have to see that much of each other so when we did, we could manage cordiality for Cheyenne's sake. We may have disagreed on things but we saw things eye to eye when it came to Cheyenne. Neither of us wanted to put her in an uncomfortable position between her best friend and her boyfriend so we played nice when we were around each other.