harvey

friday night came and i decided to sneak out. i'd never really snuck out before because my dad would kill me if i did. but i stopped caring less and less what my dad thinks and started thinking a bit more for myself. i climbed out of my window and jumped off our garage. i then started walking away, i wasn't sure where but i was. i passed a group of boys from my school and i just ignored them, they were all clearly drunk, they were shouting abuse at me and one of them even tried to throw something at me. they then started running after me to beat me up, i got terrified and ran. i ran as fast as my legs would go. i ran and i ran.

i ended up at the park, i sat on the swings and watched my feet as the walked back and fourth almost in as if i was swinging. then i heard someone else come, my head immediately shot up to see who it was. it was madison. she gave me a slight smile and i gave her a weak smile back. "hey harvey" she said, i tried to smile again. "i saw you come here and i just wanted to have a chat" i nodded my head. she sat down on the swing beside me. "i wanted to know if everything's okay" she said. "like at your home" she added "that place is not my home" i said through gritted teeth. she seemed a bit shocked by my answer.

"well what is it then" she asked me. "it's a place where i sleep" i muttered. we sat in silence for a couple of minutes. we were both just watching our feet take us back and forth until eventually she said something. "is adam mills your dad" she asked me, i was very concerned about how she knew who my dad was but i nodded. "oh just cause i tried to find you on insta but all that would come up is adam mills" she began explaining basically her whole life story to me. "anyways i just wanted to ask, is everything okay at home" she asked. i waited a couple of seconds before standing up and walking away. "wait harvey i'm sorry" she shouted to me. i just kept walking i couldn't tell her anything about me or my family. she'd split us up, she'd tear us apart. i didn't want that. not at all.