harvey

madison's dad sat me down in his office, away from madison, to ask me some questions. "right harvey, i'm going to ask you some questions and you need to answer as honest as possible" madison's dad said, i nodded in agreement. "okay so first off, when did this all start" he asked me. i took a second and began talking "it started when i was about 5 or 6 so like 8 or 9 years ago" i told him, he nodded and wrote it down. "do you know why this started" he asked, i shook my head "it was like a slow a gradual start, it was first just a few words here and there, then a little hit if we did something wrong" i paused. "and now?" madison's dad asked. "now its constant, every day" i said, almost crying. "do you have any siblings" he asked me, again i nodded "4" i replied. "does he hurt them" he asked me, i waited a couple of seconds. "not as much as me" i replied. "do you know if you have any family near by that you can stay with" he asked, i shook my head. "i don't think we have any family" i said. "well in that case you will have to live in a group home until we can find you a suitable home" he said. "i will try and get a home close to your school and house" he said, i nodded and he stood up and opened the door.

i walked back out to where madison was sitting. "hey harvey" she smiled, i gave her a weak smile back. "okay, i'm going to make some phone calls. you guys can go up the stairs and get comfy, do whatever you want" madison's dad smiled. i nodded and me and madison went up the stairs. "um, madison" i asked quietly. "yes harvey" she asked me, "c...can i have a shower" i asked, she laughed a little, i felt stupid for asking i shouldn't have asked "of course you can" she smiled. "i'll get you a towel" she smiled and went to get me a towel. i smiled "thanks" i walked over to the bathroom and walked in, closing the door behind me. i turned on the shower and striped. i felt to warm water hit my skin and it made me feel relaxed. i washed my hair with some nice smelling shampoo and used a lavender one and it smelt so good. someone tried to open the door and i panicked, i jumped out of my skin. i looked over at the door and nobody tried it again, i wonder who it was.

when i got out i dried myself and wrapped my towel around my waist. i walked out and into the room i saw madison go into. "yes harvey" she asked me, "i...i need clothes" i mumbled, hiding behind the door a little. "oh, i'll go ask my dad" she smiled, getting off the bed and walking past me. i was still trying to hide, i'd hardly ever had my jumper off in front of people. i walked over and sat on the bed, i took a deep breath. i was safe, i kept trying to tell myself but my brain didn't believe me, i still believed i was going to have to go back and live with my dad. "dad says just take anything out of his drawer" madison said coming back into the room, she stopped and stared at me. "god harvey, that looks like it hurts" she said, referring to the many bruises and cuts i had over my torso. "you get used to it" i said a bit more in confidence, i felt confident around madison. she just made me forget all my problems, she made me feel safe.