madison

i lay in my bed, i liked living with my dad but i did miss my mom, she was my rock and i loved her. i felt like i was loosing everyone around me, first harvey stopped talking to me. we hadn't talked in a couple of days and every time i see him he just doesn't seem like himself. now it feels like my mom doesn't even want me. "honey" my dad knocked on my door before entering. "i just wanted to tell you that dinner is ready if you some" he smiled at me. i nodded "okay i'll be down in a minute" i smiled, "okay i'll get you a plate then" he smiled as he headed out my room. at least my dad was nice.

the next morning i woke up, i looked at my phone and saw my mum hadn't texted me back yet, i was wondering what was wrong with her. maybe she was just super busy, she was beginning to get overwhelmed with work. i got ready for school and got into my dads car. i didn't want to go to school, but i had to. i had to go and sit in a class for 50 minutes learning things that won't be useful to me in later life. what was the point.

i got to school and got our the car, "bye dad" i smiled as i closed the door. he drove away, i didn't want to be here. i wanted to leave. i saw harvey sitting on a bench just outside the school gates. "harvey" i said as i walked up to him. he looked up at me and smiled slightly. "look, i don't wanna be here" i bluntly told him "so i'm leaving, you can come with me if you want" i was about to stand up when harvey grabbed my hand. "but why" he asked me. "because i'm not learning anything here, i want to go do something, something interesting" i said. "but aren't you scared your going to get caught" he asked me. "omg harvey live a little, who cares it's not like you should be scared your dads in prison" i said to him, he looked down. "but what about lily" he asked me "i don't want to disappoint her" he looked like he was about to cry. "omg harvey just come on" i grabbed his arm and pulled him away from the school.

i took harvey to the park and to my special hiding place, it's from when i was younger. it's where i hid as a kid. "now we can do whatever we want" i smiled as i sat on a bench that was there. "like what" he shyly asked. "like i don't know, get drunk. try drugs" i started listing things. "but what if someone finds out, i'll be in a lot of trouble" harvey started. "jesus harvey dont you see, nobody cares about people like us" i said to him. "what do you mean people like us" he asked. "people who don't fit in" i smiled. "anyway it doesn't matter, nobody's going to find out" i reassured him. "my dad might" harvey stated as he scratched the back of his neck. "who cares, he's in prison he can't hurt you" i reassured him again. "no he's not, not anymore"