harvey

for once madison wasn't at school. she was always complaining at me for not being in but she wasn't today and it was quite unusual. i didn't really want to go to school either but i wasn't going to skive because that was wrong, instead i went to mr sanders office. he was my favourite teacher and he was the only teacher who knew i was in foster care. i don't know what it was about him i just felt like i could trust him, so when i was finding school hard or anything i went to his office and was allowed to sit with him all day, today was one of those days. i just didn't want to go to class, i wasn't feeling it and i was just upset constantly now and i didn't know why.

after school i was picked up by lily, she was really nice and i was really starting to like her. when we got home i went into my room to put my bag down and get changed into something a little comfier. "harvey" lily said as she knocked on the door, i turned around as i pulled a sweatshirt over my head. "yeah" i asked. "the police are here to see you" she told me, i started panicking a little, i shouldn't be in trouble i haven't done anything. the only thing was my dad, but they told me he wasn't getting out. god i hoped it wasn't about my dad.

"harvey, we need to speak with you" one of the officers said. "you can use my office" lily smiled as she opened her office door. we all walked in and sat down. "we have some bad news" one of them said, "your father was released on bail until his hearing" my heart stopped, i couldn't believe it. "w...will i have to live with him" i asked, terrified in case the answer turned out to be yes. "the courts are still determining that" he informed me. i was a little better that i didn't have to go back and live with him right now. "but the court has scheduled a meeting with you and your father" my heart started racing this time, i started sweating just at the thought of having to be in the same room as that monster. "it will be supervised by the police and we will make sure that nothing happens" they reassured me. it didn't stop my overactive imagination from thinking the worst. "please" i began as i looked up at them "don't make me see him" i begged.