madison

after trying for harvey i just headed home. i needed to practice harder."madison" my mom said as she came outside. "yes" i smiled. "i found out you had a detentions today, don't let that happen again" she told me, i nodded. i got changed into my basketball uniform and started practicing. i needed to clear my head and the easiest way for me to do that was to play basketball. "hey kiddo" my dad smiled as he got out the car. i didn't know why he was here, he never comes round. "is your mother home" he asked me, "i think she's in the kitchen" i told him. then my mom appeared. "darren" my mom stated in a bitter tone. "kacey" my dad smiled. i didn't know why my mom hated my dad so much she just did. it was before i was born that they split up, they only kept in contact because of me.

after i'd practiced for about an hour i decided to go in and have a shower. once i got out my dad still wasn't gone. it was a bit weird but i didn't think anything of it, maybe they were having a really long conversation. i didn't find it too odd because people talk you know and just because it's my parents who talk for a long time doesn't mean anything.

i was called down the stairs to see my mom sitting at the table looking very worried. "mom, are you okay" i asked her. "honey" my dad said as he walked over to me. i looked up at him, "me and your mother think you should come stay with me for a little while" he told me, he seemed like he'd been crying but i didn't know why. "why don't you go pack a bag" my mother suggest. i nodded, i knew to do as you were told and so i did. i packed all the favourite clothes in one bag and my basketball stuff into another bag. i collected all my electronics and put them in with my basketball stuff. i collected a few more things and went down the stairs.

"alright honey, go stick them in my car and we'll get going" he told me. i nodded and went out to his car. my parents came out and said bye to each other. while my dad was getting in the car i said goodbye to my mom. "bye sweetie, take care of yourself" she told me. "you too mom" i hugged her tightly. "honey i want you to have something" she said as she brought something out her pocket, it was a necklace. "just so you can always be reminded how just how much i love you" she smiled and gave me one more hug. "i love you, never forget that" she lightly kissed my head. "i love you too" i smiled, feeling like i was going to cry. i walked round and got into the passenger seat of my dads car, blowing my mom one last kiss.