Four

I stood in my closet overwhelmed with the plethora of fluffy boas, and scandalous outfits made of glitter and leather. Anxiety was beginning to win me over as my fingers rapidly flicked through my velvet lined hangers, searching for the perfect choice. I need something that will convince daddy that I'm worth his while, with just one glance.

I need to catch his eye, then make him look again and preferably not look away. I'm not one to freeze under pressure but I know that tonight my nerves will be at full mass. Each and every time Daddy would come to the club all of us dancers would be on high alert, smiling, and on our best behavior. We had to look like we were worth the money he had invested- well the few of us that he had business arrangements with.

It wasn't something us girls talked amongst ourselves about frequently, we had to preserve our safety and keep Daddy's business quiet. We all knew that and we respectfully kept to ourselves.

Now, those who weren't involved in any of the murky stuff were unaware of the situation and it was obvious that they were. Most of the time they were so caught up in their own lives and personal drama to even think about the dark reality of how Daddy did his business.

How it affected girls like me.

My hand paused on a rose colored sequined bodysuit with tasteful mesh cutouts and a cute mini shirt to match. I looked down at it with a focused gaze, admiring the image of how it might look sparkling under the glow of the stage lights. The outfit still had its tags on, which was perfect. Something new and fresh.

My thoughts were interrupted by the faint sound of music coming from the bathroom that shared a wall with my walk-in closet. A deep melodic voice made me stop in my tracks, it was such a familiar sound. Perhaps a song I've heard before? I crept out of my closet, making my way over to the bathroom door to listen in.

Chris sang along with the music, a sad and brooding voice that reflected a sort of pain I was familiar with. Chills ran over my skin as the lyrics he spoke sank into me. With every word, you could feel the pain in his voice. "Things are not what they used to be. Missing one inside of me. Deathly lost this can't be real, cannot stand this hell I feel."

I began to feel a warmth fill my stomach, a fluttering sensation that made me uneasy. I felt an urge to turn away and go back to my room like I knew I should, but his voice had me glued to the floor. Like a complete creep, I stood with my ear pressed to the door listening to him sing until the last note rang out in the bathroom. Mesmerized, I didn't think to notice that he had turned off the shower and could be opening the door any moment now.

"Fuck." I groaned to myself, hearing the music shut off. Hastily, I rushed away from the door and stood awkwardly in the living room.

Not seconds later, he whipped the bathroom door open and stepped into the living room, sporting a white towel wrapped loosely around his hips. Small random tattoos and scars decorated his muscular body, providing a delightful distraction to the trail of hair leading down below his towel. The sight was too much, there was no hiding my wandering gaze.

Fascinated by the idea of what I couldn't yet see, my mind wandered around delicious scenarios. Geez, he had it all going on for him. I could bet money he was blessed with a-

"Fuck are you staring at girl?"

Immediately, I snapped out of the ridiculous trance I was under, meeting his gaze like a deer caught in headlights. The fluttering feeling in my stomach was unbearable. I needed a good comeback to make up for my gawking. "Looks like you forgot your clothes." I matched his inquisitive glare and crossed my arms over my chest.

"Looks like you were enjoying the view." He began to step closer to me, intense eyes burrowing into my flushed face.

Stay fucking calm.