Nine

Oh god, the man is a heater. I hastily kicked off my blanket, blinking my eyes open to see his chest right against my face. "Ah," I groaned, stretching my legs out. His heavy arms weighed down on me, holding me so tight to him I'm sure I hadn't moved all night. The thought was comforting, knowing I was protected in his grasp, safe and sound.

And fucking hot.

"Chris " I whispered, struggling to scoot up in the bed. He had to weigh well over 200 pounds of pure muscle.

"Don't go." He mumbled sleepily, squeezing tighter.

Bossy in his sleep too.

"I can't breathe. I promise not leaving." His arms relaxed with my soothing voice. I was free to scoot up onto my pillow and finally take a full breath.

"Why you gotta wake up so early, girl?" His brow furrowed, closing his eyes tight.

My eyes dashed to my alarm clock. "It's eleven o'clock, Chris."

"No, it's not." Stubborn as ever, he sounded so sure of himself.

"It is though." I looked over his handsome features, the peaceful expression he held as he slept. I suppose I didn't mind that we'd slept in, it was a rather eventful night.

Oh, that was an understatement.

It was damn near magical. Good enough to make every muscle in my body sore, and leave me wanting more. The idea tore me apart, knowing that I shouldn't let this silly infatuation get to me. This couldn't continue.

But I'm going to let it. If only just for a day.

"Hey," I whispered, rubbing his side gently. "You should wake up."

"I am awake." He groaned, blinking his eyes open. "God damn."

"Sorry, I just-"

"You look stunning."

"Stop." I covered my face. "I look like a gremlin."

"You do not," He laughed out, touching my cheek with gentle fingers. "Let's go shower or something."

"Together?" I blushed.

"What, are you shy now?"

"Of course not."

He watched me, pleased as I faced a battle with attraction and an overwhelming feeling of shyness. "So tell me what you're thinking."

I thought for a moment, looking up to the ceiling. "Well, I don't know, I guess a little unsure."

"Unsure of what?"

"Whatever this is. What are we doing?"

With a long sigh, he sat up, pushing the covers off of him. That glorious body now in full light held my attention, it was impossible to remove my gaze. Did he even realize that he was this good looking?

I had been with that all night.

"How 'bout you forget about what it is we're doing, and just roll with it." He stood up off of the bed and held out his hand to help me down.

"You know this can't happen again right?" I tucked my hair behind my ears, crumbling under his piercing stare.

"Oh, it'll happen again, princess."

Ah fuck.

"Whatever you say." I turned away from him to grab my bathrobe that laid carelessly on the small ottoman in front of my bed. First things first, I need to cover myself from those hungry eyes. I secured the robe tight around my waist, ignoring the look of disapproval he shot at me.