Twelve

M A T U R E A U D I E N C E S O N L Y!
18+

"Hello, this is a prepaid collect call from an inmate at Miami Dade correctional facility this call is subject to-" I ripped my phone from my ear and blinked at the screen, confused. It was eight in the morning for god sake. "To accept charges you may press four."

Sighing loudly, I pressed number four on the keypad and pushed my blankets back. Who else would be calling me from a county jail this early in the morning? What the hell did he do this time?

"You may begin your conversation now." There was a long pause after the automated message stopped before I heard the other line cut in. A loud cacophony of voices was heard in the background before I heard his tired voice bite at me through the phone.

"I don't want to fucking talk about it, so don't ask me." Chris snapped.

"Well you took the time to call, so what makes you-"

"I don't have time for your attitude, Briel. I need you to bail me out. I just had court and they lowered my bail."

"So you just expect me to-"

"Please? I'll pay you back okay?"

"Fine." I hung up the phone and flopped back onto my pillow.

God, weeks of avoiding each other and this is what it's come to? It was hard seeing him go downhill like this, sloppy drunk every hour of the day to wash away his feelings. I guess it finally got him into some kind of trouble, unfortunately enough for him, his consequence was the county jail.

He had given up, making no effort to talk to me or even mend what relationship we had once had. He looked at me with hatred in his eyes, deep brown with the dull ache of pain behind every glance.

It was only a fling.

I wasn't trying either, so I suppose it was only fair. After all, I was now entertaining his best friend regularly behind his back. Knowing that Zach had now seen me naked more than Chris ever had, it was clear we were past the point of ever healing. Zach had made it clear to me that Chris would never find out about our secret sessions, and I trusted that for the most part.

But if he did?

Truthfully, it was surprising to me that Chris hadn't found out yet. Zach had made it a steady routine to visit the club twice a week to see me. Paying in ridiculous amounts, it's no wonder he isn't nearly bankrupt. My wallet certainly didn't mind the attention, but my heart on the other hand? My conscious?

Zach wasn't necessarily worthy enough of being called a gentleman, but he had been somewhat respectful to me while I entertained him. He enjoyed pushing the boundaries just a bit, sliding money into my lingerie to coerce me. Depending on the request, I was typically reasonable. Except for the time he attempted to pull me in for a kiss. He could squeeze my boobs, and play with my nipples, but sentiments like kisses were out of the question.

I don't think I ever want to kiss anyone again.

Five hundred dollars later and Chris was out of jail and sitting in my passenger seat looking smug and disheveled. I received no thanks for the hours I spent calling the courthouse and the jail, waiting around for him to get out so I could pay his bond.

"Would you please put on your seatbelt?" I spoke patiently, though he was acting like a damned child and I wanted to scream at him.

"I'll do whatever the fuck I want." He scowled, staring out at the road.

"Hmm." I huffed, turning up the air conditioning to add to the already cold atmosphere in the car. "Christian."

"No, don't you start talking like that, Peach. You got no fuckin' idea how pissed off I am." He snapped his head over to me, shouting out every word. Almost as if he was blaming me for his anger.