Dream

I lay in the bed restless, Dream has gone missing, even when I beg him to come out and talk to me, he won't. I can't loose him! I just can't! I should've never let him see the scars on me! I jumped up from my bed, sleep would not find me tonight and I knew it. I paced back and forth in my room, begging Dream to show himself internally. Dream please! Come out! I thought in my head as I continued to pace. "You know, that isn't entirely healthy" a voice rang clear in my room, I froze in place. This voice wasn't one I recognized at all, it was hollow, deep, and honestly very distorted. It was surprising I understood what it said. I looked up, standing in front of me was a tall skeleton, this skeleton looked oddly like Error, however he wasn't exactly as friendly looking. His jacket draped to his feet and his eyes were blacked out with no eye lights. "W-who are you" I asked, backing up. As I backed away, the error lookalike would take a step forwards. "I'm Error 404, 404 for short" he bowed as the skeleton introduced itself. "And I'm here to help you with your missing brother problem" he announced as he stood back up from his bow. I didn't feel easy around this guy, he seemed just way to out of place. Maybe cause he was in my room when no one should be? Suddenly one of the roaming sprites jumped on my shoulder, looking directly at the monster before me. "Altiyn" he said in a husky tone, as if full of emotion that not even the skeleton that producing it could place. His emotions were...sadness. Who is Altiyn? "Leave the boy alone 404" said the sprite, my mouth opened with a pop of my jaw. These things could talk! "I'm trying to help" 404 said with a very fake gasp. "If you want to help, maybe not sneak into a young monsters room" the sprite said, giving a light hiss to its tone. 404 frowned, staring at the sprite, now he seemed to be debating something before nodding. "Fine fine, I'll come back another time, maybe you can do more" and with that the error lookalike vanished. I blinked with deep confusion, suddenly taking the sprite off my shoulder and holding it out in front of me. This sprite didn't look like the rest, it wasn't completely just purple smoke. It's eyes were cyan and it's body was black, I titled my head in confusion. "What are you?" I asked, putting it down on the ground. It looked up at me and blinked, it took off running suddenly, disappearing into the wall. I blinked and then groaned in frustration. "Well...that was interesting" spoke Dream beside me. I gasped and whirled around to see a very tired Dream behind me. "Dream! I've been calling and calling to you!" I almost ended up in tears, he had me so worried. "I'm sorry brother, I was...lost for a while, then this nice lady came to me and brought me back here. She disappeared before I could ask her anything or even tell her thank you!" Dream sounded very exhausted. If I could've hugged him I would, I missed him so much, I didn't want to loose him, I couldn't loose him. His eye lights were very dim, his clothes looked kinda messy and ruffled. "Are you alright?" I asked him, wishing I could comfort him. He was silent for a long moment, before looking at me with a sad expression. "Why didn't you tell me about what mother did to you" Dream has gold tears now rolling down his cheeks. "She...threaten to do far worse if I had told you" I admitted to him, wanting desperately to hold my brother and comfort him. "I...I'm so sorry brother!" Dreamed started to sob, Dream shook and crumbled onto the ground as he cried. I felt so god damn helpless watching him cry like that. I hated it, until cross and the team came into my life Dream always cared about me. He always tried to stick up for me and be there when I needed him. "H-hey you don't need to be sorry, you didn't do it!" I cried with him I fell to my knees and cried to, feeling my entire body shake and hiccups began to leave my lips. Suddenly, arms were wrapped around me, the familiar smell of dark chocolate hit me like a wave as I buried myself into the all to familiar fluffiness of a scarf.
"Shhh Nightmare" Cross spoke in a whisper, holding me close to him as I sobbed even harder, letting the spill out of my body like a very rough river. The one that would sweep you away after just putting your feet into it due to speed and the force. It was like all my sorrow suddenly was coming out all at once. Cross only hushed me and rocked me in his arms, seeming to be patient as I wailed against him. After what seemed like a long time, I finally gave out, my little hiccups coming from my tired soul as I laid limp against Cross. "Cross.." I muttered, he immediately tightened his grip on me. "Yes button?" Cross began to pet my skull like he always does, he seemed to just by that act alone, calm me. "D-Dream.." I mumbled, trying to point at where my brother was but to my horror he had disappeared once again. "We will get him a body" Cross silently promised as he kissed my skull lovingly. With that Cross picked me up in his arms, like I was nothing and walked me to my bed. I could tell how much it took for him to be gentle as he laid me in the bed, I gripped his sleeve. "Stay..." I knew I didn't want to be alone tonight. He stared at me for a long moment, then nodded, sliding himself next to me. I took no time wrapping myself around his body and bringing myself close to him. He wrapped his arms and tentacles around me protectively, his warmth made me realize how tired I was, with that I couldn't fight my exhaustion, I closed my eyes and let sleep envelop me.