Chapter Thirteen

"I want to see higher walls Ana, and make them thicker." I nod at my fathers words and look up at the fifteen foot wall of ice in front of me, I wave my hand and the wall collapses. I wipe the sweat running down my face and then hold out my right arm and the temperature around me starts to drop once more and a new wall of ice starts to form in front of me, foot by foot I watch it rise. As I get to the fifteen foot mark I take in a deep breathe and push through the straining pain in my body as frost starts to coat my clothes. I push the ice up before I fall to my knees once it reaches twenty feet. My mother walks over "Great job Ana." I look over at my father who has an unimpressed frown on his face "Is that all girl?" My mother sets down my younger brother who toddles over to me "That is enough for now, its almost dinner and you've had her up before the sun rose and you both never had breakfast or lunch. She's still a growing child and needs regular meals to help her grow." My father looks down at my tired form as I hold onto little Julius 'she'll never become a strong hero if you keep babying her." I stand and lightly step away from my baby brother "please don't worry Mother, I am fine. I'm ready for another go sir." Father smirks at Mother "see the girl says she's fine." I take in a deep breath and take another step forward and I lift up my hands "please watch Mother, I'll show Father how strong I am." I turn to my father to see his face start to pale as the air around him gets colder and the ground around us starts to shake "have a nice trip father." All of a sudden he shoots up into the air on a forty foot pillar of ice and my mother stands off to the side staring up in shock "Analissia, what did you do?" I smile "I gave him what he wanted Mother." Father lands hard in front of me "that was executed perfectly girl, I knew you could do it. You will have the rest of the week off, Monday we will go on to phase three of your training."

I look around the now dark area "where am I?" I then notice bubbles of light start to appear and they form an entry way into a hospital room where I see a younger me sitting on a bed staring at the news on the TV "once sidekick Glacier has defected to become a villain. This comes after an incident where his sister Dark Ice announced her retirement due to health drawbacks with her quirks. Glacier killed the villain who pushed Dark Ice to her limits. We have reached out to the hero family but have not gotten anything back, but we here at the studio understands the stress and heartbreak with these recent events. If Dark Ice is waching, you are still in our hearts and prayers during this trying time." I let out a sigh "been awhile since I had a nightmare, and this time I'm watching and not experiencing." The window to the room opens and the younger me keeps looking at the TV "last goodbye, or are you here to do me in for being weak?" Julius walks over and sits on the side of the bed "this is goodbye Lissia." I watch as younger me "I'm sorry I wasn't strong enough. Is this what you truly want?" Julius nods "I am sorry as well, I too wasn't strong enough to keep you safe." I look at the two "our system is to blame, pushing us against our limits to the point things like this happen. The amount of work and fame getting to us where we forget to take care of ourselves." Young me leans against the young man "take care of yourself if this is truly what you want." Julius wraps an arm around his older sister "take care of everyone and stay healthy." The two part and Julius stands and younger me chuckles lightly "stay icy Juls." The  young man smirks as she puts a leg out of the window "I'll see you again Liss." Once he's out the window the area darkens again and when it brightens I see Sophia training with Izuku as I, from a few months ago sits next to Toshinori. I hear no voices so I smile "am I being shown my mistakes or just everything I've been through. I guess time will tell. So when will I wake up?" I watch Sophia and Izuku "such good friends in so little time." The area starts to rumble and I look around "good morning?" It goes dark but I feel my body and open my eyes and I smile when I see blonde hair in fronto of me as I lay on my side. I yawn and sit up "weird dream."