Chapter 11: Greater Good, No Glory

It was 6:45 AM and Kara's alarm clock is ringing until it starts to make a news report.

The clock: "And in this morning's headlines, Superman is at it again."

Kara then smash then clock as she groans. Later, she got up and put on her clothes for the day and put on a set of headphones and listen to music but instead it's a news report about her cousin, as she walks there are things that has Superman written all over it.

Headphones: "And after such a trying ordeal, it was all thanks to Superman that the orphans were saved. In other news, Superman..."

She then passes a radio that is talking about the man of steel himself.

Radio: "Announcer: Metropolis's Big Blue Boy Scout, Superman, a hero for all of us--"

Then a car splashes water all over Kara as a group of tourists cheer for Superman

Tourists: "Superman! Superman! Superman!"

Kara then groan as you, Pearl, and Peridot appeared.

(Y/N): "I know right."

Peridot: "Kara Zor-El, what the matter?"

Kara: "Huh, it's my dumb cousin, he's everywhere!"

Peridot: "Of course, with the combination of speed and incredible hearing, he is everywhere."

Kara: "That's not what I mean Peridot!"

Kara then walks away in an angry manor.

Peridot: "What, what did I say?!"

(Y/N): "She means Kal-El is taking all the credit."

Pearl: "Well if you ask me, he should be knocked down a few pegs."

(Y/N): "Well, you should head back to Beach City, Garnet is calling you two."

Pearl: "Of course."

Peridot: "And if you need us, just use the warp whistle we hand you to the warp pad back at your house."

(Y/N): "Thanks guys, I'll be with Kara at school see ya."

Later, you found Kara at the front lawn of the school as she takes off the headset.

Kara: "Finally, a place where I don't have to see his annoying face--"

Then a newspaper that has Superman on the front page as she groans in anger. She then put the paper on the ground and stomp on it in anger.

(Y/N): "Look Kara, I know what feeling right now and you don't to be on the newspaper to prove that you're a hero."

Kara: "Don't you want top be on front page instead of him!?"

(Y/N): "Yeah, but we were on the front page of a newspaper when we and our friends saved the pier."

Kara: "That's ages ago!"

(Y/N): "Alright, we'll just talk to the editor-in-chief of the Daily Planetoid."

Later, a girl with a tan blazer, black hair with pencils in it, blue jeans, and pink glasses. She is currently working on her computer.

 She is currently working on her computer