Chapter 17: The Tree of Misfortune

Jessica is working on her Envirobeat column and she printed out the flyers for everyone to see it. She place flyers and gave flyers to everyone to the school and then hand flyers to you and everyone in the table.

Jessica: "Well, it looks like people are finally starting to read my "EnviroBeat" column."

Then everyone stop eating.

Jessica: "What?"

Babs then point at a trashcan filled with crumbled up pieces of paper of the Envirobeat column.

Zee: "Oh, Jess, sorry, but your column might just be a lost cause."

Jessica: "There's no such thing as a lost cause! That's literally the name of my latest article."

Jessica then hold a flyer in Zee's face and hand it to her.

(Y/N): "It's a great title."

Jessica: "Thanks."

You then follow Jessica as she takes the crumbled pieces of paper from the trash.

Jessica: "You could have at least recycled, you animals!"

Jessica then spot a kid with a flyer as he crumble it up.

Jessica: "Huh?"

(Y/N): "What is he doing?"

Jessica then see what the kid is doing.

Jessica: "Don't you dare!"

(Y/N): "Throw it and your dead."

The kid then throw the ball of paper at instead of the trashcan it hit a girl with whitish red hair, green coat, green shirt, and a potted plant.

You then turn to the kid with a serious face as the kid walks away. Then there are more crumbled up pieces of paper were being thrown at her as you and Jessica put on a saddened look and head back to the table.

Jessica: "That poor girl. No one to eat lunch with, no one to talk to...No friends, at all!"

Babs: "Oh, Jess! Poor unobservant, unperceptive Jess. Don't you see her hair carefully placed to hide the face? The downward direction of the gaze. The oversized baggy clothes, that tuck her away from society. It doesn't take a super sleuth like me to figure out Pam Isley doesn't want friends."

Jessica: "Nonsense! Everyone wants friends. Pam just hasn't met the right one..."

(Y/N): "I'm with Jessica."

Zee: "Oh, no, you two, please don't."

Jessica: "...yet."

Kara: "Dude. Seriously, leave it alone. Pam Isley's a lost cause."

Jessica: "There's no such thing as a lost cause."

(Y/N): "I vote we try it."

All the girls groaned as you and Jessica head to Pamela Isley. Pamela then examine her sandwich starting with the bread, she then throw it away and then she see a piece of lettuce she then morn over the lettuce and place a napkin over it and wipe away a tear from her eye. She then see baloney and then start eating it like an animal until you and Jessica appear next to her and stop.