XXXVI

After showering, and changing back into my normal clothes, I practically sprinted to the wives' room to get Dale

After showering, and changing back into my normal clothes, I practically sprinted to the wives' room to get Dale. When I arrived, I knocked softly, it had to be close to midnight, and I'm sure some of them were asleep. The door creaked open slowly, and  Amber poked her head around through the crack. 

"Riley? What are you doing here?" She whispered, and I let a small smile fall onto my face. 

"Negan gave me my job back, and said I could come get Dale. Is he here?" I whispered, suddenly anxious that Negan had been lying to me this whole time, and Dale was gone, or dead, or something. 

"Yeah. He's here hold on." She whispered, and she left the door cracked open while she went inside to get him, and a moment later, his tiny little form filled up the crack, rubbing his little eyes with his tiny fists, and then his hands came away, and he looked up at me, and surprise filled his face. 

"Mommy!" He screeched, rushing forward to wrap his arms around my legs, and I bent down to grab a hold of him. Once I pried his hands from my legs, I lifted him up and he wrapped his arms tightly around my neck, and I could feel the tears streaming down his face onto my bare skin and my heart clenched in my chest. 

I nodded at Amber, who nodded back as she closed the door and I started walking back to my new, old room, Dale still clutched tightly to my chest, and his tears wetting my shirt. 

"I thought you.... I thought you left Mommy!" He cried, grasping at my hair. 

"I would never leave you on purpose baby. Mr. Negan had me working on the new fields, and every time I was free, you were asleep. I'm so sorry baby. But I have my old job back, so you and I will be spending a lot more time together." I whispered, and he nodded, but he let the tears continue to fall onto my shirt, and it made me so sad for him. And so pissed at Negan, but I couldn't say anything else, because I didn't want it to get back to Negan, and have him know just how angry I was at him. 

"We can talk more tomorrow, but right now, just go to sleep. I promise I'll be there when you wake up." 

Fucking hell, I wish we hadn't agreed to this

Fucking hell, I wish we hadn't agreed to this. We are making plans to overrun Negan's compound, from what The Hilltop says, the Satellite compound has about... thirty, forty people. Less than what they had before, but I guess that's my fault. 

But still, that's a fuck ton of people. And I'd really love to live long enough to see my wife and son again, and I don't know if that'll happen if this fails. 

Tomorrow night, that's the plan. To go tomorrow night with Jesus and kill off Negan's group, kill Negan, and take his weapons, since he seems to have a lot of them. 

I'm also kind of terrified that she might be with them. What if she is, and she gets killed by one of the new members because they don't know what she looks like? What if she's been captured by Negan's group? And they're torturing her? Raping her? Fuck. I'd kill them all myself. 

God I'm gonna have to check all the bodies tomorrow. 

Just to make sure that she's still alive, and not killed by my fucking idea. 

A/N: Okay guys, sorry this one is shorter, but the next chapters should be longer, y'all should be able to understand why! But I love hearing your guesses for what's going to happen, so send those in, because shit's about to hit the fan, and Part 3 should be starting soon!