LIX

I watched from my office as Carl chased Dale around the front lawn, with little Eliza stumbling after them, barely old enough to run

I watched from my office as Carl chased Dale around the front lawn, with little Eliza stumbling after them, barely old enough to run. Carl caught Dale, swinging him around before dropping him and sprinting off, letting the two chase after him for a few minutes. I was so engrossed in watching them play, that the soft knock on my door scared me so much that I screamed when I turned to face the intruder. It was Daryl, and he was smirking at me from the doorway. 

He was leaning against the wooden frame, a small smirk on his face as he watched my try to catch my breath, and when I realized that my hand was clutching my stomach tightly, I practically ripped it away, afraid that he would notice. 

"Hey love. You okay there?" He asked with a smirk, pushing himself off the frame to make his way over to where I was standing. He placed his hands softly on my hips, bringing me in closer to him, and when he was close enough I leaned forward and pressed a soft kiss to his lips. 

When I tried to pull away, he followed me, only for a moment so he didn't overwhelm me, but it made my face flush anyway. I don't think he could ever not make me blush, it's a talent of his. 

"I'm fine. What are you doing up here? I thought you were working on the panels with Eugene today." I asked, pulling away to sit at my desk again, and he nodded, following so that he was standing behind my chair. He rested his hands on my shoulders, and slowly started to rub them as I flipped through the pages of the food inventory that Olivia had given to me earlier. We were running out of pasta again. 

"I was going to, but he freaked out about something, wires, and them not holding enough juice or something? I don't know, I stop listening when he freaks out, it makes less sense than normal." I let a chuckle slip past my lips as I turned my head up to look at the beautiful man above me. 

I had finally convinced him to let me cut his hair, so it was more manageable now, more like it was when I met him. A bit longer, still enough for me to grip onto, but now I could see his beautiful face. 

"Well darling, what can I do for you?" I asked, spinning the chair around so that I was facing him, and we were so close that our knees brushed together. He was towering over me, and when he knelt down in front of me, I thought nothing of it. It's what he normally did when I was sitting down, he would kneel in front of me.

I should have known by the look on his face that this time would be different. 

"Riley. I know that technically we are still married, but would you do me the honor of re-marrying me? I want... I want to start our marriage over, and do it the right way this time. I want to recommit myself to you. Please, marry me again." He said softly, stroking his thumb down my cheek, and it wasn't until I felt his touch that I realized a tear had escaped. 

"Of course I'll remarry you." I whispered, a ginormous smile taking over my face. Daryl's smile was almost bigger than mine as he pulled me into a bruising kiss. And then we were standing, and he was leading me out the door by my hand.