Chapter 2

** No matter what you read...nothing is how you think it is.

  "There's no way I'm pregnant" I tell Leila looking at myself in the mirror as I shovelled ice cream that Leila brought into my mouth. It wasn't even a joke anymore and I hated that she kept saying it. You always make jokes about being pregnant until you actually have a scare. Then it's not funny anymore. Not that I was having a scare because being pregnant was not a possibility. But Leila just had to be annoying about it.

   "Ok well just to be sure...I brought a test with that ice cream..." she told me and I groaned "Seriously? No" I tell her turning back around. "What's the harm in taking it?" She asks. "There's no point in taking it because I can't be pregnant I'm on some serious birth control" I tell her. "So you wont even do it just in case?" I roll my eyes. "There is no in case! It's not a thing" she groans.

  "You're just scared because you know it could be positive" she tells me and I shake my head. "it can't" I tell her. "Then what's so scary about a negative test?" She asks. "Fine then" I say grabbing the box from her and walking into the washroom. I examine myself in the mirror. I've gained a little bit of weight but that's all from the shitty food I've been eating. The shitty food is also why I feel so gross. 

  The box has 2 tests and I decide to take them both. It'll be like a double HAHA when they're both negative. I take my piss and put them both on the counter face down and walk out. "How was it?" She asks. "Fine, now we wait" I tell her throwing myself onto the bed.  A few minutes later it was finally time to look. "Ok go ahead' I tell her motioning to the washroom. I stood infront of her with my arms crossed like bitch I told you so. She looked at the test and her eyes widened.

  "See I told you" I tell her laughing. "Ash...I..." she's confused and shook. "Bro calm down it's not that big of a deal I'm sorry for the I told yo-" she hands it to me and my eyes widen as I look at it. "The other one?" I whisper and she grabs it from the counter. They're both the same and I can feel myself start to cry but I stop myself.

"No" 

  I tell her and she looks at me confused "No?" She asks and I nod. "Yeah...no these aren't real" I tell her and she shakes her head. "You are so difficult" she tells me. "I wanna go to the doctor" I tell her. "Seriously?" 

 "Yup, until she tells me the truth, I refuse to believe anything" I tell her. "Fine then, let's go" she tells me and walks out to the car. 

 "Well congratulations" she tells me and I look at her shocked. "How is this possible? You're literally the one who gave me the pills" I tell her sorta bitchy but it's like bruh, how you gonna prescribe me pills and then be like surprise you're pregnant? like no. "Well do you have them on you?" She asks me. "Yeah I take them everywhere" I tell her pulling out the little container. She looks at it before pointing to one of the pills. "Yeah...Tuesday? So what? It's Monday" I tell her and she rolls her eyes. "Tuesday LAST WEEK" she tells me and I look at her shocked.

   "I forgot to take one...." I whisper quietly. "No hun, you've forgotten to take VARIOUS I don't know how you did it but somehow you've managed to mess up your entire schedule" she tells me and I feel almost suffocated. I quickly get up not being able to be there anymore. "If that's it i'll be going now" I tell her and she nods handing me the pills back. Stupid pills.

   "Listen, talk to your husband, whatever decision you come too, we'll be here for you" she said and I immediately remembered Anthony. I felt the tears prick at my eyes before I walked out quickly. "Hey what happened?" Leila asked but I ignored her and walked towards my car. 

  "Hey hey hey what happened?" She asked quickly hopping into the car. "You were right" I whisper, tears falling out of my eyes "You're not happy?" She asks and I scoff. "Did I look happy to begin with? Did you think I was gonna be happy?" I ask.

  "Why aren't you though?" She asks and I shake my head. "I can't have a baby, not with a life like this and Anthony oh my god Anthony he's gonna kill me" I tell her. "What?? Why would you say that??" She asks and I shake my head. "It's my fault I messed up and it's gonna ruin his life and his job and everything" I tell her and she shakes her head. "You don't have to keep it if you're not ready you know that" she tells me and I shake my head. "Either way I still need to go through the whole process of telling Anthony, I can't make any decisions without him" I tell her. "And that's going to be fine! He loves you" she tells me and I nod.