Chapter 8

The past few days have been kinda hard. I didn't cry or feel sad until I took the pill. For the most part, I was just in shock. But then I took the pill and it all felt so real. I stood in the mirror looking at myself as it went down my throat. A whole chapter of my life, erased. Everything in a few months from now, erased. The room the was supposed to be filled, empty.

  And Anthony couldn't even support me through it. We both stayed in different rooms. Every time I heard him outside, i'd stay in my room and wait for him to leave. Every time he'd hear me outside, he'd stay In his room. 

  For the most part though, he was barley home. I hadn't seen or heard from him in 3 days. I tried my best to spend more time with Leila and my parents. After the whole incident, I didn't want to tell them. 

  I just didn't have the energy or the courage to endure their reactions. but, they realized that i'd probably be in more pain than them, and all jumped to help me. My mom attempted to come over but I told her that it was a bad idea and drove over to my moms house myself.

   Anthony's mom and Leila also came over. "I'm so sorry hun" my mom said hugging me as I walked In the door. I stayed strong and decided not to cry or be upset. After everyone said hi and gave me their condolences, me, my mom, Anthony's mom and Leila all sat in the living room so that we could talk. 

  My mom brought out various snacks and drinks, some being alcohol which, was bittersweet. I needed to drink and wind down obviously but, when I saw the alcohol my first thought was "Dang it I can't have that" and then I was like oh wait.

   I poured myself some Rosé before sitting down. "You wanna talk about it?" Anthony's mom asked and I nodded. I needed to tell them what happened in order to avoid any awkward situation. 

  "Before I tell you guys though, I need you to promise me that you won't get involved" I explain and they look at me confused. "I know you guys are always trying to be helpful but right now, I really just need to figure things out on my own so please no one interfere" 

  They were now very concerned. "Me and Anthony...aren't talking" I say outloud. It sucked. That was another thing I was coming to terms with I guess. "What? Is that why you didn't want us to come over?" My mom asked and I nodded.

  "What happened?" Leila asked. I took a deep breath before starting. "After we left the doctors...I might've said something really offensive" I say. yes, I kinda blame myself. I still have absolutely no idea if I was in the wrong BUT clearly, it hurt him so, it was probably wrong of me to say.

   "I kinda might've said that...the miscarriage was a sign that we weren't ready for a baby" everyone sorta nodded. "Honey I think it's completely normal for people to be scared or question if they're ready to be a mother" my mom told me and I nodded. 

 "What you said is not a crazy thought at all but, how did he react?" His mom asked and I looked down. "He basically got mad at me for saying that because he thought that I was saying it was a good thing" they all nodded sympathetically. "Well what did you mean" Leila asked and I thought for a second.

  " I don't know I guess I was trying to make the situation better but I guess to him, it didn't sound right" 

 "Well I just wish you guys were talking" I nodded agreeing. "Me too BUT we will ok? Please no one say anything to him" I could tell none of them wanted to agree but they did. Afterwards we all had dinner which was really good. 

  It felt nice to have my mom cook for me after awhile. I was a little wine drunk and very tired. drained. "You need to stay here" she told me and I nodded. Leila went to her house to go pick up some clothes for me and her since she was pretty sober and she lived close.