CHAPTER ONE

Things seemed to be going well for you at the moment. Your mother and father had finally cut down on the amount of fighting, you'd managed to get all your homework and summer reading done for the time you got back to school and you'd made a lot of new friends from your form that you didn't expect you'd be friends with. As you looked at yourself in the mirror, touching up your hair and fixing an odd earring, you smiled, clearly happy with how you looked. Recently, your father's business had been growing at an increasing rate, meaning he could finally buy you and your mother lovely, little things that you wanted. For you, all you wanted was to fix yourself up for the new school year so all you ever asked for was skin care, hair care and body care products and it seemed to be doing the trick. Whilst you were thinking to yourself about how your school day was going to be, you heard your name being called quietly from down the stairs.
"Y/N! Y/N! Come on dear, you're going to be late at this point!" shouted your mother, with a breakfast bowl full with cereal in one hand and a glass of orange juice in the other. She sighed as you didn't reply and got a small breakfast bar and carton of chocolate milk from the fridge. You grabbed your bag and made a run for the stairs, gliding down them gracefully at a fast pace. Your mother stared at you wide-eyed before a frown painted her face; you chuckled and took the items from her hands, walking past her, only to be yanked back as she kissed you lightly on the cheek.
"Don't be late please." she said, pushing you out the door.
"I'm never late mother." you replied, waving to her before seeing your friends standing on your front lawn. They smiled at you as you walked up to them and you began walking to school together.