CHAPTER TEN

His cute dimples showed, making you blush and look away.
"I-I'm Y/N." he laughed, putting his stuff down and looking at the front. Hoseok was staring at you and Jungkook the entire time and you hadn't even noticed. Squirming in your seat, you remembered what had happened the night before and stared at the window. He clapped loudly, grabbing your attention.
"Everyone look at the front." he asked, clearly irritated. You weren't even together so he had no right over you and who you spoke to anyway. But you seemed so bothered by it. Every time you spoke to another boy, you felt his eyes piercing through your skull and it was annoying. You got on better with boys but he seems to get the wrong idea every time; all you wanted was to be able to speak to someone without having him on your back all the time. You became riled up and put your hand up, asking to leave.
"Why?" he asked.
"I need to pee." you said, blunt-faced. He widened his eyes and nodded, waving you off. Everyone's eyes followed you out of the room except one's...Jungkook's. He still stared at the front waiting for the class to resume and that felt nice, to not be stared at for once. You took deep breaths, trying to save your crying until you got to somewhere safe. Walking outside, you felt your eyes burn and you let the tears stream. You just had so many problems...
Hoseok being overprotective, Jimin making out with you and Jungkook- well, Jungkook made you flustered. It was all Hoseok's fault. Everything was fine before he came. Your friends you'd made didn't even talk to you anymore and completely ditched you for Soojun. Why was your life slowly crumbling?
As you cried you heard footsteps coming towards you and you quickly wiped your tears with your blazer and sniffed, turning your head slightly to see who it was.
"Mr Jung wanted me to check on you." You looked up to see Jungkook standing there, a worried look spread across his face. He sat down next to you and stared out across the school.
"I would ask you what's wrong but I don't think you want to hear that right now." he said, turning his head to face you. Tears began falling again as you thought of silly things that weren't true, making yourself more upset. Jungkook put his arm around you, hugging you and you shoved your face into his neck. You barely knew him but you felt comfortable with him, you felt as if all your problems disappeared...but soon, that was all taken away when you heard harsher footsteps. Pushing him away, you saw Mr Jung and wiped your tears again.
"What's wrong?" he asked you. You shook your head and stood up, walking straight past him and into the girls bathrooms to clean up the mess on your face. You gasped as you saw mascara all down your cheeks and got a wet tissue, wiping it away. Jungkook was right. You really didn't want to hear that right now.

Walking back into class anxiously, you heard quiet giggling from around the room as you sat in your seat quickly, putting your head on the table. Then, a warm hand rubbed your back and you opened your eye to see Jungkook smiling at you. You couldn't help but smile back, chuckling quietly in your arms. He was so cute.
A few moments later, the bell rang and you grabbed your bag, quickly walking out the room, relieved to be leaving.
Hearing someone running behind you, you looked and saw none other than Jungkook.
"Are you walking home?" he asked and you nodded, smiling at him.
"Can i walk with you?" he responded.
"Sure." you replied croakily, coughing quietly. You both walked out of school in silence but you couldn't bare it anymore.
"So, Jungkook," you said, "where are you from?"
"I'm from busan but moved to seoul a couple weeks ago for a fresh start with my parents, what about you?"
"I've lived in seoul my whole life." you responded and you both walked in silence again. He broke the silence this time.
"Do you have any other friends?" he asked, "not sounding rude." he chuckled and you laughed, nodding.
"Yeah, i have a friend called Jimin but all the friends i made over the holidays have kinda ditched me." you said, turning away.
"Ah- well count me as a new friend then." he said flashing another contagious smile at you. You arrived at your house, and stopped.
"Well, this is me." you looked at him as he stopped too.
"Wait, really?" he asked, eyes widening.
"Yes...why?"
"I live right next to you!" he shouted in joy. You jumped and waved him off as he walked to the house next to you. Ah, he was so funny.

You got into your room and flopped onto your bed without realising there was someone else in your room.
"RAH!" Jimin jumped out from your closet and you screamed, rolling off your bed and hitting your head on the floor. You got up and jumped again to see him staring at you.
"JIMIN I SWEAR IF YOU DO THAT AGAIN THEN IM NEVER SPEAKING TO YOU EVER AGAIN!" you shouted, smacking him and regaining your breath. He laughed and sat on your bed.
"So, who is he then?" he looked at you innocently.
"Who's who?" you asked, sitting next to him.
"The boy next door?"
"Ah, that's Jungkook, he's new to the school." you confirmed, lying back again and smiling to yourself as he did the same.
"So are you guys a thing?" he said immaturely.
You hit him again.
"No Jimin! He came to the school today! Why would we be a thing?" you contemplated.
"Because you have a habit of doing that." he turned away from you. A jolt of fear ran through your stomach and you suddenly felt sick, thinking the worst.
"W-what do you mean?" you said, gulping down your fear.
"It's too embarrassing to say." he replied.
"Nope, tell me now." you sat up and peeked over at him hiding his face. He sighed and mumbled.
"You got me hooked on the first day." You widened your eyes.
"What?" you asked. He sat up and grabbed your hands.
"Y/N, I like you." he said, "I fell for you the day I met you." he continued.

No. This can't be happening. Not now.